Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 25 Scribble Stain Distress


This is my first entry in Linda Ledbetter's challenge using techniques from Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities.

This is a technique I have not done before, but I really love the effect.  I'm not sure that mine has turned out quite how it was supposed to!   

I swiped a  piece of card through the inks and decided to cut it into two ATCs.  Each piece was VERY different.  I used Faded Jeans, Wild Honey and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks.

I loved the effect so much I didn't want to stamp over it!




The final ATC was the last of the "swooshings".  I basically used up all the ink left on the craft mat.  Still a lovely effect though.

If you want to see what everyone else has done with this effect click on this link here to Linda's challenge:

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 25




Comments

Anonymous said…
These are really beautiful Jennie! I love the colours & your paper roses! xx
Terry said…
This piece is so pretty! Love the roses and your background!
Netty said…
Beautiful backgrounds Jennie. You obviously had a great deal of fun and with excellent results. Annette x
MarleneMAZ said…
Great ATC's! it is definitely addicting making more of them. Hope you enjoyed your first time playing along.
Minxy said…
Beautiful ATC's and great backgrounds on all of them
Linda Ledbetter said…
Jennie, welcome to the CCC! You have a beautiful blog, and your debut for the challenge is absolutely stunning! You did a fabulous job on the scribble stain distress, and created some truly peaceful, serene and gorgeous works of art with it. I like that you allow so much for the background to show-- it's definitely too pretty to cover up!

The third piece is such a great contrast to the first two, and really demonstrates the variety you can achieve with this technique.

You're a talented lady, and I'm so happy you joined us for the CCC. I hope to see you again next week!