Tims Tags Day 7

Well I think Tim's tag today was the best ever - I can't say mine is!  There were a number of techniques to this one some of which took me ages.   Again it is probably easier to list the things I did have, rather than those I didn't - tattered florals and flourish dies!  Oh and pretty well the last of the Rock Candy Stickles.

Tag Background:  I used a cuttlebug grasses folder again and covered up the bird with the flower.  Some of my practice pieces came out better - inking is a bit hit and miss.  I also feel it is a bit yellow, despite using the same inks as TH.  Also the inks all smudged on the unembosssed bits when I put the Rock Candy Stickles so it looks kind of  "dirty" rather than inked.

The Flower:  Well for a girl who loves making flowers, I was really looking forward to this.  Gosh it was fiddly.  Not having any sticky backed canvas I stuck some calico with Claudine Hellmuth medium to some grungepaper and then cut it in the die.  So far so good.  Then I had to try and experiment to get it to colour - distress inks didn't work well (wet or dry) so I had to resort to Cranberry Zing Glimmer Mist.  It was extremely fiddly to put together and because I had used CH medium was very stiff so I couldn't get much shape into it.  Same with the leaves.  

I didn't have anything to hang with the ribbon, so I made another fragment with alcohol inks and a small poinsietta stamp (I really love this technique).

So alot of work!  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's tags .......

(I think the tag looks better in the photograph than in real life - !)



Comments

ScrappyDandyDoo said…
LOL we are always too hard on ourselves!!! your tag is beautiful!!
Julie xx
Donna said…
Gorgeous Tag Jennie! I think this was my favourite too. Loved the way those inks softened with the Rock Candy! See ya tomorrow.
Donna x
Minxy said…
Great take on todays tag, i think it looks fab
Anonymous said…
Your tag is amazing Jennie! Love your flower! xx
Netty said…
Really fab work and love your creativity, its beautiful. Annette x
Fliss said…
Just beautiful Jennie. I'm still looking for my sticky back canvas!
x
Artyjen said…
Hi! Fabulous flower love it...stunner of a tag!
Thanks for linking at my splinter group again;)
xoxo Sioux