Grungy Monday 20 : Distress Stickles Party ...... and the return of Dried Marigold Distress Ink!




I need to be quick off the mark with this week's Grungy Monday challenge as I'm off to Paris on Thursday for five days with four old school friends.  Just soooo excited at both seeing the girls and Paris (I've cycled the length and breadth of France but never got to Paris!).

So this weeks challenge is ....... Distress Stickles ....... apart from Rock Candy I only have one bottle - Dried Marigold.  Why Dried Marigold I have no idea and I haven't used the DI for years either!  So inspired by some absolutely wonderful flowers on Swirlydoos amazing site I made a flower from coffee filter papers.  I only had brown ones, so when spritzed with Pink Glimmer Mist they came up rather orange, but then it worked well with Dried Marigold - what a coincidence! (I love the way the papers have picked up the old muddy bits of spray in my spray box - another happy coincidence!)

I decided a few weeks ago that I would start to use up a whole load of die cut letters bought years ago when I first started scrapbooking.  The papers they matched have long since been used.  I covered them with old book paper, sanded the edges and applied Dried Marigold DI and then covered them with the Distress Stickles.  They actually look (quite appropriately) frosty!  

So do click the link here for Linda's great challenge on Studio L3 and to see three absolutely stunning pieces by Gillian, Jason and Linda.    And here for more information about Tim's Distress Stickles.

Have a great week everyone.  x


Comments

Artyjen said…
Super autumn flower....have fun in Paris! But be sure to take enough money!!! LOL :)
xoxo Sioux
Alison said…
Wow! The flower looks amazing Jennie! A beautiful piece of Autumn art! There was definitely an Autumnal nip in the air this morning. Hope you have a wonderful time with your friends, in Paris! xxx
Shelly Hickox said…
I absolutely love this! Your flower is so pretty - I need to go check out that tute. Have fun in Paris!!
Capescrapper said…
Have a wonderful trip to Paris!
This is so beautiful and the flower is perfect.
Simple and elegant!
Gillian .... said…
Glad you rediscovered the Dried Marigold, love this hanging, thanks for joining in the fun this week.
Patricia said…
So very BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Love the flower!
Greetz Patricia
Netty said…
Terrific hanging Jennie, loving that flower. Have a great time in Paris. x
fairy thoughts said…
I love the flower, coffee filters eh! what a great idea I might try this at the weekend
thanks for sharing
janet
Unknown said…
This is really beautiful and I love your happy accidents too! But oh Paris your looking forward to it I am more than sure and girlfriends sounds like you will have the best time. :0) Dxx
Lisa Somerville said…
Beautiful home decor piece! The flower is stunning!
Von said…
Oh I can see why you love that flowers it's so realistic looking well done off to check out swirlydoos :)
Von x
Absolutely stunning flower, love the colour of the stickles, real Autumnal feel to this piece. Tracy x x
Jenny - this is absolutely gorgeous. I love your flower. Thanks for the link
LISA said…
Hi Jennie, I think your flower is gorgeous, and I was reading on to see if you had a tutorial for it and much to my surprise, your flower was inspired by one of my many flower tutorials..I was very honored to see that your creation just goes to show the many looks you can get from a coffee filter. And so now I am inspired to go out and purchase brown coffee filters!!! Love it!! Really, your flower is so beautiful and it looks so real. Perfect color for fall..I have just been inspired! You can visit my blog as I always have new flower tutorials posted!! Hugs from Florida,
Lisa