A little bit of me ..........

I thought I would share a few journal pages I managed to do whilst on holiday in Ireland.  I didn't have too much with me (try tellling that to RyanAir!) so I had to think hard about how to use my supplies, but it is always good to stretch yourself. 


This page was for the Rebel Stampers Monthly Challenge (February) - the theme being our favourite television programmes when we were young. I had completed the background at home and it was rather dark and I didn't have any gesso with me to lighten it. This butterfly stamp got well used! and I used ideas from Kate Crane's article in the Craft Stamper and Scrap365.


Our March challenge was our favourite book or author.  I just love Tolstoy's Anna Krenina and have read it many times (always hoping the ending might be a bit different .....).  The flowers were cut from some napkins I found in a shop in Ballyvaughn where we were staying.  They took alot of cutting, but look quite spectacular when stuck on the page.


The theme for April was a life journey and I wasn't too sure what to do with this one.  Whilst walking through the woods near our thatched cottage I thought how much my mother and father would have enjoyed my life and what I am doing, so the tag contains some personal thoughts on the years I haven't been able to share with them.


Having been a bit emotional about the last page I decided to do one more page for myself.  I am just loving splattering paint at the moment, so I managed to find Terry's old bus pass in his wallet and just scraped and splattered paint for the background and found this lovely butterfly quote on the internet.

All in all it was a lovely week - lots of music, meeting some friends made last year and meeting some new ones, lots of laughter particularly in relation to language misundertandings (we were sharing a cottage with a chap from New York and another from France).  We both really hope to go back again next year.

Thanks for looking!




Comments

Jackie said…
I hope you do return next year with your boots and sewing things. Silk paper?
Miriam said…
Lovely work Jennie - gorgeous, as usual.
Catherine said…
Gorgeous pages Jenni -- I especially love the tough journey one -- it's so beautiful!
Sue said…
These are beautiful pages Jennie; simple but very elegant and each one telling a lovely story.
Artyjen said…
Wow! Fabulous pages. ;)
xoxo Sioux
Anonymous said…
Truly stunning pages!