My dear old friend ..............

Yes, this is me and my teddy back when I was just 14/15 months old.  I still have him, minus an eye and hugged so much he is quite bare of fur in places, but he still sits beside my bed.  

I was looking for a good black and white photo to fit in with this month's SWIRLYHUES challenge the colours of which were pink, beige and black - quite a challenge!  It is worth clicking the link and seeing the wonderful layouts the design team put together.  Here is the story board.  I tried to follow the layout  but didn't have three small pictures so went for one large one instead.  I used a mixture of papers:  Pion Design's Rosebud and Basic Grey Capella and Basics Kraft.  I cut the Rosebud paper really frugally so I managed to get the outside frame and the inner layer as well. 

Part of the challenge is also to use at least one technique from the Swirlydoos site.  I used Paulien's paper edge distressing techniques and also her handmade button from her latest card tutorial.  I have also used Camilla's layering technique tutorial. 
I also made all the flowers using the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Garland die.  I took some pictures while I was making them so hopefully I'll get a tutorial posted for these lovely little rosebuds. 

I made them from cream card and spritzed them lightly with Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist and edged them (again very lightly) with Vintage Photo Distress Inks.  The leaves were also from the Tattered Floral Garland Die and after colouring them with Bundled Sage Distress Ink I scrunched them up.  When dry I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges and across the creases.

Thanks again for looking and I hope you are all enjoying the weekend.  It has thankfully stopped raining here!





Comments

Sue said…
What a beautiful layout and so much detail. I love the flowers.
Bonnie said…
Just came across your blog and can't wait to try out all the flowers...thank you so much for the tutorials. I will be back to visit again!
Alison said…
This is such a beautiful page Jennie! The flowers are lovely! I still have a knitted Looby Loo doll (remember Andy Pandy?!), I've had since I was 2 :o) xx
Artyjen said…
Such beautiful flowers again:) Thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper this month ;)
xoxo Sioux
P.S. I still have my old Ted too!!
Catherine said…
You were such a cutie, love the elements and design of your page, very PRETTY!
Oh wow Jennie.... This page is soooo GORGEOUS!!!!! Thanks for playing girl!
Peggy Lee said…
Your layout is so beautiful...thanks for sharing.
Unknown said…
Gorgeous!!! Your flowers are so pretty. Love how soft your page looks.
Lynne Forsythe said…
OHHHH how sweet is your layout and your photo...JUST LOVE IT!