Tuesday, 30 October 2012

First Date ..............

 


It is always rather satisfying when two of your most enjoyable challenges come together.  The current Anything But a Card Challenge  is to ADD A LITTLE BLACK to your project and the colours for this week's CSI Scrapbook Challenge are bright green, yellow, white and black. Just perfect!

Bright green is so not my usual colour and I feel this page is a little clinical with the white background, but I do rather like the crispness of it all with the black.  I have a stack of black and white photographs from our parents photo albums and this little photograph was in a frame in my mother-in-law's bedroom.  There were actually four of us in the photograph but she cut the others out!  And yes this was our first date - October 1974 - a rather formal dinner dance (but then we did things like that then). 


The large white flowers have been made from thick white handmade paper which I picked up in an art shop recently and the inners of these and the smaller flowers are my little Rosebud Flowers for which you will find a tutorial on the right hand side bar.

I am so enjoying the Anything But a Card Challenges and there are some lovely projects by the Design Team, as well as a number of very interesting entries already.  So do pop over and have a look.  Perhaps think about joining in yourself!

I really love being stretched by scrapbook colour challenges - it really makes me use colours I would not have thought of. 

So here is the Case File for the CSI Challenge this week:

I have used the colours from the scheme and for my evidence I have used:

: damask embossing folder
: frame
: foliage, and
: black and white patterned paper

For my testimony I have documented a special event.



Do click the link HERE and have a look at the amazing layouts created by the Design Team - some incredible use of these colours and some amazing techniques.  Even if you are not into scrapbooking these layouts just blow you away.

Thanks for stopping by and having a look - I really appreciate it!



9 comments:

Debbie said...

Hiya Jennie
Gorgeous LO and I love the green, but then again I am a green lover!
I like the simple white background and love the photo.
I am making a Wedding Album 12x12 for a friend at the mo, her daughter got married in August and did not have an expensive photo album done, so I am doing it, it's so nice to do.
Take care.
DebbieX

Sue said...

Lovely layout Jennie. I wish I could manage a clean, simple yet oh so effective page like this but I've yet to achieve it. Isn't it great when you find a challenge blog that you really enjoy with such inspirational challenges.

Margaret said...

This is such a lovely page! The colrors work so well together and I like the variety of shapes and textures. Your paper flowers are gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us again at ABAC!

Jenny said...

Beautiful layout Jennie... the black is so striking against the other colors... and the photo is gorgeous... thank you too for dropping by... and leaving such a sweet comment...

Jenny ♥

Julia S-W said...

I really love the expanse of unused area because it draws your eye into all the wonderful things you've placed on here! As you can imagine, I love the flowers and the colours work perfectly - even the green! Gorgeous photo memory there too Jennie! The embossed leaves caught my eye too - I love details like that.
Thanks for joining us again at Anything But A Card Jennie.
Juliaxx

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Beautiful job on this Challenge Jennie!! This layout is so elegant, the touches of black add just the perfect finish to the page!! Beautiful color scheme as well!! Have a great weekend hon! xo

Alison said...

A wonderful LO Jennie! xx

Artyjen said...

Fabulous page.....bring back the days of men taking you out in suits and ties I say ;)
xoxo Sioux

Deena said...

Thank you for joining in with Anything But A Card "incorporate black" challenge this week! I love all the details in this layout - especially the embossing on the leaves - makes the page...I am loving the white/black and green combo too!