At the Helm



My husband Terry at his usual spot on the the helm on our boat Mrs Muir.  As soon as I saw the colours for this week's CSI Challenge I knew  I had to use this photograph even though the colours are more about Christmas!



As I am also in the "mood" for patterned paper I thought I would try something different and use gesso on a dark background paper.  I quite like it as it does set off the photograph and simple elements, although it is a bit nerve wracking as the paper really buckles before it dries. 

I really liked the scheme colours and have used just about all the items in the evidence panel:
  • twine/string
  • paint
  • kraft paper
  • newsprint paper
  • tags
  • burlap
  • eyelets
  • washers







 
 
And I managed to get away with the testimony challenge by journalling on my tag and tying it with twine! 

Thanks for looking and have a lovely weekend.

PS And not a flower in sight!



Comments

Artyjen said…
great page ;)
xoxo Sioux
Debbie said…
Gorgeous LO Jennie. What a great picture of Terry too, a proper man in a boat!!
Gorgeous Gesso on the background (no tried this yet, but will have a go now).
Dx
chrissie said…
Wonderful Jennie and the photograph definitely looks just right for the colours.

Love Chrissie xx
Margaret said…
Wonderful masculine page! I love the effect of the gesso on your background paper. I haven't been brave enough to try this yet... So glad you warned about the buckling! The hidden journaling tag is a nice touch too!