Make an Embellishment ..............


It is week 1 of the Swirlydoos Design Team Challenge.  I am certainly not in the running (so many talented folk at Swirlydoos), but I am playing along and this first week has been fabulous.

The challenge was to make an embellishment from a handcut die and use two mediums in its decoration.  Then to showcase it in a layout.

I cut a frame using the Tim Holtz Weathered Clock die from the back of an A4 pad.  I covered it twice with Gesso and then covered it with Rock Candy Distress Crackle. 
 
I find it alot easier to put this on with my fingers as you can then get good coverage and lots of cracks and there's no brush to clean!  I did the same with the flourish and decorated them with some handmade flowers die cut from cream card and sprayed with Glimmer Mists and edged with Vintage Photo DI.  The die cut heart was covered with Distress Crackle Paint.


The next thing was to find a photograph - and this lovely photo of my Nana, aged 19, just fitted perfectly.

I used a single piece of Pion Design papers (which I just adore!)and opened up the left hand side for some text paper and lace. 
I made some more flowers (I had a really lovely flower making day!) and kept the layout quite simple to show off the embellishment.
 
These flowers have been made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and Donna Salazar's Rose Creations.  I just spritz them with water (for the cream one) or Glimmer Mist and then scrunch them up.  Once dry I opened them out with a bone folder and inked the edges with .  Using two petals I added the stamens and pinched the bottoms and glued into place.  A bit fiddly and messy, but I think they make a nice larger flower for a layout.
 
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a lovely weekend. 
 
x
 
 
 
 


Comments

Alison said…
You could certainly give anyone a run for their money with your stunning embellishment Jennie!
I think I'll be using my fingers to apply everything from now on, those crackles look fab!
Alison xxx
Netty said…
Gorgeous page Jennie, loving it.
Enjoy the weekend, Annette x
Jenny said…
Oh Jennie... your layout is gorgeous... I love the frame you cut... there is something very beautiful about having your photos enclosed within a circle... and your handmade flowers are fabulous...

Jenny ♥
chrissie said…
Looks like a winner to me Jennie. Beautiful design and colours.

Good Luck

Love Chrissie xx
Sue said…
A lovely embellishment Jennie. It's great to make your own to match a layout or card.
Margaret said…
This is so lovely! The clock frame looks wonderful and the pretty flowers are so perfectly placed. I think my favorite part is the little torn edges letting the lacy trim and paper peek through.