Let It Snow ....... but not yet!



Another Friday and another Twist to our Challenge at Crafts Too Challenge You.  We have loved seeing your wonderful Vintage Christmas monochromatic pieces and now we turn to Vintage Christmas polychromatic!


I started off with lovely bright Broken China and Dusty Concord Distress Inks for my Snowflake Tag but they got a bit muted in the process!  I was much taken by Tammy Tutterow's tutorial this week (well I always am!) for a damask background and used the same technique for my background using a snowflake stamp. Click the link HERE for all the details of the technique.  Like Tammy I used my ribbon to mop up the colours left on the mat.  Though I say it myself they look fabulous!


I used a Crafts-Too snowflake die for the base of my collage and added a few bought flowers and leaves (very cheap!) which I squashed a bit and then edged with silver glitter and white puffy paint. My sentiment was a bit large, so out came the shrink plastic!



And finally I added the tag to some Kraft Corrugated Card.  I painted it first with white acrylic paint and then added some Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges.  It still looked a bit bland so I added a few coats of Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint here and there.



And there you have it!  My tag on a hanging! And my three colours:  Blue, Purple and Kraft Brown (a bit of white thrown in as well!).

I had great fun creating this and it will be a great tag to decorate our study this Christmas.  I do hope you will join us at C2CU for our next twist. Click HERE for some great DT inspiration!

It is a full on weekend for me - a three day Craft Fair and my play (Sharks in the Custard) is running at the local Theatre Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  So days at the Fair and nights at the Theatre!  My apologies for not getting to visit blogs at the moment.  Normal service will be resumed next week!







Comments

Netty said…
Beautiful work Jennie, love it, Annette x
Rita said…
Good Morning Jennie. What a gorgeous tag and the fact you have made it a hanging tag is even nicer, The attention to detail is wonderful. Hugs Rita xxxx
This is a gorgeous hanging tag. I love the colour combinations you have used. The textures and layers you have created are fabulous... particularly love what you have done with the corrugated card. The crackle makes it look like distressed wood. Great idea for the ribbons..it makes the colour so soft and subtle. Have a great weekend. Cheers, Di
Beautiful, subtle creation, Jennie - another delight. Hope all goes wonderfully at the fair and at the theatre... Have a fantastic weekend!
Alison xx