Monotone Scrapping


Hello from a very wet and windy Shetland - normal service has been resumed after a wonderfully sunny and calm day yesterday! It is a poor day for taking photographs, but I thought I would share this layout I started a while ago and finally finished yesterday.



I love these Pion Design papers from the Sewing Room collection but wasn't quite sure how to use them as the purple is so dark. I have played around with the colours and experimented with different inks to try and match the colours and added a little brown as a contrast.


I made a little book to sit on the layout as these photographs of my mother are quite small - I have used them before in a mini book but not in a full sized layout.




I made a small envelope from the patterned paper using the Sissiz Envelope Die and then layered tags to create the book.  








I made a similar one HERE as a mini book with slightly clearer photographs of how it came together.



And this is the little tag inside the book.

In the 50s and 60s my mother used to make many of her clothes (and mine) always following the latest fashions.  I am not sure whether she made this coat, but it was the "New Look" and she was always very proud of it.  

I am not sure why I chose the word dreamer as Mum was very practical, but the word was in my head all the time I was doing this layout!  Perhaps because she turned her fashion dreams into practical clothes.


Thanks for visiting and enjoy the weekend x


Comments

Debbie said…
Gosh Jennie This layout is stunning...Love it. The detail and little hidden items are delightful.
Your colours are just so lovely and subtle and the Pion papers with the scissors on is one of my favourites.
Debbiex
Rita said…
Hello Jenny. What beautiful work and such a wonderful idea to show your Mum's photos in a little mini album. I would have loved to have met your Mum, as I came through college for tailoring and design in the 50's too. I fact I still wear a Vogue pattern raincoat I made about 10 years ago. Enjoy your Weekend. Hugs Rita xx
Inkypinkycraft said…
What a beautiful piece and love the soft colours x really beautiful x hugs trace x
Redanne said…
I love that you were able to use that gorgeous Pion paper without hiding the pattern. The little book is such a lovely idea and adds a wonderful surprise element to your layout - great colours too. My Mum used to make all our clothes too and passed her skills onto me at a very early age - a great skill to have. Anne xx
So lovely, Jennie. I love the interactivity of the little pockets and folders and tags, and the twine, lace and all the detailing is so beautifully done.
Alison x
Astrid Maclean said…
Totally fab LO Jennie, - so many special touches!! That little book is such a lovely idea and I adore the little butterflies on the twine. Also love how that kind of echos the twine around the little book. A really special piece!
Brenda Brown said…
Beautifully designed and laid out Jennie. The photos of your Mum are gorgeous and you have used them do creatively, she sounds just like my Mum, practical, creative and loving. Hope you aren't suffering the strong winds we are getting again. Take care xx
Jennie this is an outstanding page. Your problem solving has created a wonderful tribute to your mum!
Jennie this is a glorious layout.The small details come together so well to make a wonderful tribute to your mum.
Hettie said…
This is gorgeous Jennie. Love that colour palette. The mini book is exquisite.
Hugs
xx