Painty Pleasures Take Two!




Time for my second DT piece this month at Country View Challenges.  Our theme this month is Painty Pleasures and what a fabulous array of projects we have been treated to this month by my wonderful DT colleagues and the wonderful challenge submissions.  

Paints are still a little bit new to me and this is my first real canvas using paints, but the Paper Artsy Fresco Paints are just wonderful to work and I can really recommend them if you are thinking of trying paints for the first time. As you will see  they can be used to cover just about anything!



I started off with my canvas - it is small! (5" x 5") and created a bit of texture in the opposite corners with some Grunge Paste and my (heavily used) Diamond template.  I then just played around with painting and layering Pansy, Orchid and Vintage Lace Frescos until I was happy with it.  I used a brush this time in order to put it the paint on a little more thinly.  What I love about Frescos is that you can just keep applying or taking off what you don't want - great for beginners! Finally I very lightly brushed some Snowflake Fresco over the textured diamonds.




Next the stamping - I used Vibrant Violet Staz On on tissue paper - thankfully not as vibrant as I was expecting!



Then the flower - am I loving working with crinoline! - I have made so many experimental flowers!  This one I absolutely love and I used Linda Coughlin's fabulous tutorial on her blog The Funkie Junkie HERE.  I won't explain how I made the flower as I just followed her instructions.  I used a combination of Seedless Preserves and Dusty Concord DIs to colour the crinoline, which match the Fresco's beautifully.



I  used the Vintage Lace Fresco Paint on the metal - the chalky finish is just perfect for this hit and miss effect and then finally some of the ivy leaves from the new Tim Holtz Spring Greenery die (just loving this die!).

Thanks for joining me today and I hope you find time to join us in our challenge - there is still another week. 

x

Comments

Anneke said…
Wonderful combination. Love the color too. Thanks for showing Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com
Redanne said…
Your canvas is just gorgeous Jennie, I love the colours and the flower is divine! I like the added curly wire too, a lovely touch. Anne xx
Simply gorgeous, Jennie... beautiful blending of the paint colours and the canvas gives such a nice texture - love how you've highlighted it with the dry brushing.

Gorgeous crinoline flower and a big YAY for the ivy leaves!!
Alison xx
Brenda Brown said…
Gorgeous, gorgeous canvas Jennie and what fabulous colours you have used, This is sheer delight to the eyes. xx
Annie said…
Hi Jennie......fabulous colours and textures on this beautiful project. Perfect sentiment and gorgeous embellishments

TFS
Crafty hugs Annie x
Sue said…
This is a beautiful canvas Jennie. I love the colours you've used and the flower is fantastic. I've just added Funkie Junkie to my blog list and will be checking out her tutorial.
Studio Susanne said…
Hi Jennie,
What a wonderful canvas you have created it is gorgeous - the colour blends are amazing. You certainly have a MAGIC touch for working with these paints, and it's your first time on canvas too. all the textures are delightful and I really like the left hand corner decoration, did you create that with heavy duty foil or was it from you stash of goodies?
Thank you for sharing the link to the hand made flowers, I'll have a look as soon as I'm finished here.
Warmest best wishes,
Su
-x-
Jennie,
I love the colours you have used here and the diamond mask -another thing on my wish list!
The flower is sensational!!
I will head off to the tutorial.
Thanks for sharing,
XxRuth
Candy C said…
Jennie... Your painted piece is beautiful! I love all of the colors and texture. Congratulations on the launch of A Vintage Journey! I am thrilled to be on this amazing DT with you! XO
Margaret said…
This is beautiful! The flower is stunning and I love the texture!