Cherish Every Beautiful Memory



Today I am sharing a gardening dream as if I could my garden would be full of white flowers and green leaves, particularly lime green - I just love this wonderful combination of colours. 

However, this far north I just have to be glad that anything grows - mainly RED hot pokers, YELLOW turks head lilies and PINK geraniums! I do have a lot of daisies (wild and cultivated) growing in the garden and they just have to compensate!

So today's tag for Country View Challenges theme Nature's Glories was inspired by this dream and I created it using these two dream colours.


For the base of my tag I used the the wonderful new papers from Finnabair - Cold Country - which I thought were quite appropriate for northern climes! I had the silver trellis left over from a previous project and this is the last of the wonderful Basic Grey lime green paper I bought about three years ago! 


I am still enjoying making these (rather large) blowsy flowers (tutorial HERE).  This one was made with some Stampin Up Natural Cardstock and using the Tattered Florals Die - this card stock really absorbs the water well and dries to look like porcelain. 


This side view shows you just how huge these flowers are! They are very sturdy however and you could flatten them a bit more when making them.


And so there it is - my gardening dream!  

As ever, thank you for joining me today.

Jennie x

Comments

Almo said…
Hi Jennie I love the lovely fresh colours you have used here and I adore that flower. Mo x
Astrid Maclean said…
Stunning Jennie, the flower looks amazing and I love what you did with the frameworks!
Unknown said…
This is just beautiful Jennie, a really pretty and kewl tag! Chris xxx
Stunning....I want that flower!!

Donna.x
Marci said…
Beautiful!!!
rachel said…
a wonderful piece Jennie - gorgeous dream beautifully displayed xx
Sue said…
This is so beautiful and the flower looks as though it's been dried. I love the colour combination too. I used to grow white and green tulips in the same border and they looked stunning but sadly short-lived.
Sue said…
This is so beautiful and the flower looks as though it's been dried. I love the colour combination too. I used to grow white and green tulips in the same border and they looked stunning but sadly short-lived.
Brenda Brown said…
Beautiful Jennie, I love your dream colour combination which has worked wonderfully with the silver added. The flower is amazing, so realistic xx
Redanne said…
I love the trellis and the gorgeous lime green but that flower has stolen my heart.... Jennie it is exquisite and really does have a porcelain look. Stunning. Anne xx
julie said…
Gorgeousxxx just off to check out the tutorial thank you xxx
Unknown said…
Totally stunning Jennie!
Dawn x
Truly lovely Jennie,
This colour mix really appeals, and the flower is stupendous!
XxxRuth
S@ndy Diller said…
How nice that you dream in beautiful color. The entire thing is just gorgeous.
Jenny Marples said…
Unfussy, elegant and striking Jennie. Love the bold green against the white. Jenny x
Diane said…
Stunning tag design Jennie.

Hugs diane
What a beautiful, elegant tag, Jennie - so lovely with the limited colour palette, and that shimmer of silver.
Alison xx