Colour Challenge for Anything But A Card



We have a bright and spicy colour challenge for you this month at Anything But A Card which certainly got me hunting through my Distress Inks!  





And this is what I came up with. 



I would never have dreamed of putting these six colours together, but what a stunning combination they turned out to be!



With this number of colours I thought wrinkle free distress would work best but I did blend Seedless Preserves around the edges of the tag. You can probably see that I tried to stamp with Picket Fence Distress Stains but the colour underneath wasn't strong enough, so I used Versamark and White Detail Embossing Powder instead



I was very pleased with the result!


I used some Prima white flowers to mop up the ink left on the craft mat.


Ribbons and lace also got inked!


I didn't think the tag needed much more than a couple of skeleton leaves, pins, scrim and a small sentiment.

This was a lot of fun and I would never have used this number of colours together, so why not have a go yourself and see what you come up. One more week of the challenge is left, but plenty of time for you to make ...

Anything But a Card!

Thank you for joining me today and do hop over and see the rest of the DT makes - there are some amazing projects!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Jennie x

Comments

Rita said…
Fabulous tag Jenny. The colours are gorgeous, especially the flowers. Hugs Rita xxx
Sue said…
This is a beautiful tag Jennie and you're right, the colour combination is just stunning. The white embossing technique looks fantastic but I still haven't tried it myself.
Mrs Beez said…
Such a pretty tag. Love the background, a great combination of colours.
Paper Profusion said…
Very beautiful tag Jennie. Nicola x
Redanne said…
A stunning combination indeed, you matched them so well and your tag is just gorgeous! Anne xx
Stunning is exactly the right word... the colours are amazing in your wrinkle-free distress background... such beautiful inky effects. And the white text adds fantastic texture. Using the flowers to mop up the ink is so clever - giving you the perfect embellishments to finish off a glorious tag - wow, wow, wow!
Alison xx
Wow Jennie, what a beautiful tag and the colours are so pretty together.
Julie x
Astrid Maclean said…
This colour combination really works so well as I know from experience now of owning a stunning card made with the same palette! It's still on my desk and I keep looking at it... This tag is a real stunner too, just beautiful and the white stamping looks so gorgeous!!

Thank you so much for such a lovely time yesterday Jennie and I hope you got back safe and sound!
rachel said…
this is so gorgeous and feminine - beautiful tag - I love it xx
Jenny Marples said…
I love the colour combo in this and it's made richer by the way you've added the resist and matching embellishments. Jenny x
Marci said…
Beautiful blending of colors and stamping! You are right, just the flowers was all it needed.
Just beautiful Jennie,
XxRuth
Unknown said…
Absolutely stunning Jennie and those colours are to die for. Love your BG layering, the text - brilliant! Chris xxx
Unknown said…
Another beautiful creation, the colours work so well!

Dawn x
Almo said…
Stunningly beautiful Jennie, I would never have put these colour combinations together either, but they look amazing as does your tag. Mo x
S@ndy Diller said…
Really beautiful - I agree that I would not have chosen these colors but what a happy accident when they all work so nicely.
Jackie Elliott said…
what a beautiful tag, love the colour combination and white embossing, great job.
Jennie the result of your distressed play is gorgeous!
Chris said…
Wow! This is gorgeous. I'm going to try this colour combo later :)