Meandering with my Leftovers


First of all a huge welcome to everyone but particularly to new followers both on Google and Bloglovin - it is lovely to have you here on this fabulous crafting journey!




Last month it was my turn to lead Shetland Scrapbookers and so I shared this little meandering memories book made from a single sheet of 12 x 12 card stock.  I chose to decorate mine with a pile of Maja Design leftovers which I just cannot bear to put in the bin, no matter how small!

… and this fits in very nicely with the current challenge at Our Creative Corner which is to Love Those Leftovers!



As the book will take about 7 or 8 photographs I thought I would use it to document my last visit to see the grandchildren, but particularly Caitlyn who was so changed from when I last saw her.




Each page of the book measures 6" x 4" and was perfect for those little strips of paper which were left, or those where I had punched a label but kept a lovely flower!



Our monthly Scrapbook session is only three hours long, so we normally try and keep the project simple so everyone gets a chance to complete it. I have made this little book previously with some Graphic 45 papers and the instructions for cutting and folding are HERE on my blog if you would like to have a go yourself.


I have room on the tags to do some journalling as I want to be able to remember how gentle Callum is with his little sister and how much she loves being with him - something to remind them about when they are older I am sure!

So … my pile of leftovers is a little diminished. If you want some great inspiration for using your leftovers then hop on over to Our Creative Corner as the DT have created some fabulous pieces from their scraps.

It will be a little quiet here at Live the Dream (although there are a couple of scheduled posts) as on Tuesday I am travelling to Shrewsbury to spend some time with my brother and sister in law before flying out to Dubrovnik for a holiday with my four school friends to celebrate our 60th birthdays this year. Dubrovnik looks fabulous and we are all very excited about going there and of course our celebrations!

Have a lovely weekend and
see you all soon!

Jennie x



Comments

Debbie said…
Just gorgeous Jennie.
The photo's of your Grandchildren are just so lovely and so is your Scrapbook. Debbiex
Redanne said…
I love your beautiful little scrapbook album Jennie and your grandchildren are adorable! Hope you have a lovely few days away. Hugs, Anne x
Wow Jennie,I can't believe you managed to make this all in 3 hours. Fabulous project. Enjoy your holiday.
Julie x
Rita said…
What a stunning g book Jennie. Love the fabulous pictures of your Grandchildren too. Enjoy your trips and take care of yourself too. Hugs Rita xxx
Astrid Maclean said…
A stunning little book Jennie and such brilliant use of those paper scraps! Oh and what absolutely adorable photos of your grandchildren! A fantastic keep sake! Thanks so much for joining us over at Our Creative Corner!!
Unknown said…
What gorgeous Grandchildren Jennie! And what better than to have created this fabulous album to put their pictures in. A great idea and well put together. Fab, fab, fab! Have a great break! Chris xxx
S@ndy Diller said…
This is adorable Jennie - The children are so sweet. The pictures say it all but some journaling will add special meaning for you.
ElizabethR said…
That is just gorgeous as are the pictures inside. Elizabeth xxx
Unknown said…
What an amazing little book you have created, your grandchildren are adorable.
Dawn x
Adorable scrap book, adorable grandchildren!!
XxxRuth
Brenda Brown said…
How lovely to document memories this way, this is brilliant Jennie, I love it xx
Jenny Marples said…
Such a great way to use up those beloved scraps (I feel the same way about Maja Design papers!) and how better than to frame those darling grandchildren. You must be thrilled to bits with this. Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Jenny x
Such a delightful mini-album, Jennie, and not a scrap of that beautiful paper wasted! Gorgeous work - thank you so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!
Alison xx
Laurart said…
This is gorgeous! What a wonderful keepsake that will no doubt be very treasured! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner! Love from Laura xxx