Natures Glories

Hello Everyone and welcome to the start of yet another month! This year is just going so fast!  As usual on the 1st day of the month we start a new challenge at Country View Challenges and this month the theme is:


Natures Glories

Now I am sure everyone can come up with a project for this theme and we really look forward to seeing what you make.


I recently "gave in" and bought the last of the Distress Ink colours which I didn't have, including Mowed Lawn. I didn't think it was for me, but have loved how my crafting friends have used it. So here is my first attempt using it.


I white embossed the ivy on the tag first and then set to with the wrinkle free distress technique combining the Mowed Lawn with Crushed Olive. Mmmm quite like this combination.  I then stamped some text with the Crushed Olive and blended Gathered Twigs around the edge of the tag.


I stayed with the same colours for my embellishments but added this white paper flower using the Stampin Up Pansy Punch and these glorious stamens.


I do hope you will join us for our challenge this month and don't forget to hop over to Country View Challenges to see what the rest of the Design Team have made.

Thanks for visiting.

Jennie x

Comments

Almo said…
Hi jennie I love the spring green look of your tag combined with the white ivy, flower and frame it is so fresh and pretty. Mo x
Rita said…
Good Morning Jennie. Wonderful tag and colours are gorgeous. Hugs Rita xxx
Totally gorgeous, Jennie - the fresh green is wonderful (love Mowed Lawn!) and the bright white of those leaves is simply fabulous. Love, love this tag!
Alison xx
Unknown said…
This is a gorgeous, green symphony Jennie - a fab tag! Chris xxx
Unknown said…
Jennie, this is beautiful, I love the greens they work really well together, may have to try that combination myself :) The flower is beautiful, love your work.
Dawn x
Marci said…
This reminds me of new Spring foliage. Just beautiful!
rachel said…
what a beautiful tag Jennie - I'm so glad you did get the mowed lawn - its so fresh and zingy - looks beautiful xx
This is a gorgeous tag, Jennie. I love the zing of the greens together and the pop of white.The colour combination is so spring and fresh! Cheers, Di
Redanne said…
I have a feeling you will get a lot more use from the mowed lawn in now! I love how you embossed the vine, it looks so striking against that gorgeous green background on your very beautiful tag. Anne xx
Sue said…
A lovely tag Jennie. The ivy is very effective and I like the colours too, although I'm not really a green person myself.
Gabrielle said…
Green is my absolute favourite colour and so I am duty to bound to adore this!!! Love, love it, love it!
Terry said…
Very pretty tag! The vibrant green is so awesome with the embossed vine and all tied up so nicely! Hugs!
Beautiful tag Jenny, I love the mowed lawn and it looks stunning together with the embossed white -just a really fresh look,
Thanks for sharing,
XxxRuth
Jenny your tag is so fresh and lively. The green would perfectly match our lawn right now!
Astrid Maclean said…
I adore this stunning tag Jennie, that white flower really pops and I absolutely love how you finished it. Such a great and kind of unusual colour combination but I really, really love it!!
Brenda Brown said…
Beautiful. I love the mowed lawn colour and you have used it to perfection xx
Jenny Marples said…
Frankly this just sings to me. I don't think I've ever seen Mowed Lawn look better! Beautiful Jennie, just beautiful. Jenny x