Scrapping with Scraps!



We have another Magpie Day over at Country View Challenges and our theme is 

Scraps!

Something we all have plenty of and a great feeling when we actually use them! 




I made this layout with bits and pieces cut for other projects from the little box which sits on my desk (there is a huge one under the desk but we won't talk about that one !)







Some bits had already been inked and others I managed to re-ink to match my photo.




I decided to keep my background simple and used a bricks stencil and Wendy Vecchi Crackle paste. I used Wild Honey Distress Stain to cover the crackle paste, but painted it instead of sprayed it as I wanted a bit more control.


Then it was down to layering everything around the photo. I used foam pads to raise this up off the page so I could slip the little bits and pieces in around it.




"On the Go" certainly sums up my little grandson Callum who is quite a wizz on his little bike - obviously taking after the rest of the family!




I do hope you will pop over to Country View Challenges today and see what the rest of the team have done with their scraps!


Enjoy the weekend.

Jennie x


Comments

Rita said…
What a fabulous page Jennie. I would need to do a book or maybe two to get rid of my scraps. Why do we save them ..... Have a Good Weekend. Hugs Rita xxx
Elizabeth said…
Hi Jennie, this is a lovely layout and I'm so impressed that you've used your leftover bits and pieces to create it. You've inspired me to see if I, too, can make a layout using stuff from my mountain of bits and bobs :) Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth xx
Margaret said…
Super page Jennie and a great use of your scraps. Lovely photo of Callum.
Sue said…
Jennie this is gorgeous, I'm so in awe of people who scrapbook, and your page is beautiful xx
Redanne said…
Such a beautiful layout Jennie, you certainly have made great use of the scraps! Anne x
Unknown said…
I love scrapbook pages like this and made from scraps too, that's great going!
Georgie xx
P.S will be signing up to follow, I love what you create. Feel free to hop across to mine if you get the time xxx
Beautifully designed layout and I love the crisp white background against your soft yellow tones.
Julie x
A wonderful layout, Jennie... clearly it's worth keeping every last scrap when they can be put to such good use. Delicious!
Alison xx
Scrumplescrunch said…
Hello Jennie,
Wow, a layout, which is fabulous, clever you for collecting the scraps that work so well on this page.
Smiles:)
Sue
Nikki Acton said…
Fabulous layout Jennie - and a very cute photo too! Nikki x