Fallen Angel


This time last year I was spending hours each day learning my lines for my part as Julia in Noel Cowards Fallen Angels. A fabulous, but very wordy play, featuring the two main female characters Jane and Julia. Set in 1925 we had fabulous costumes and the set was stunning. During Act 2 we had to get VERY drunk as well as eating a four course meal. This was the start of the (elderflower) Martini's ……………



I have been wanting to scrap this fabulous photograph taken during the final dress rehearsal and our current challenge - Drips and Drops - at Country View Crafts seemed perfect. I tried to create a 1920s feel to the layout and used lots of layers in greys and black, and splatters and drips in Black Distress Ink and Antique Bronze Spray Stain.



My metal flower and title were first painted with Picket Fence Distress Paint and then sprayed with the Antique Bronze Spray Stain. It didn't adhere very well, but actually created quite a nice finish. Postcards, the time and playing the piano were features of the play and I managed to tuck some little reminders behind the photograph.



I created a small collage in the bottom left hand corner to balance the layout.

And so yes I was a Fallen Angel! and this is what happens when you get very drunk and dance an energetic Charleston! (I wasn't acting at this point!) The rest didn't last long as I was unceremoniously hoofed off the sofa by Jane.

My fellow cast members and our producer.




Thank you for joining me today - I always appreciate your visits.

Have a lovely week.

Jennie x


Comments

Astrid Maclean said…
Such a fun post Jennie! The photos look amazing and the one where you were not acting made me laugh out loud! The LO looks amazing, and yes, that is such a great photo!!
Rita said…
Fabulous card Jenny. So very personal too. Boy, I love those outfits. Hugs Rita xxx the
Nikki Acton said…
Jennie - what wonderful photos, you look amazing! The page is fabulous - you have really captured the theme.Nikki xx
Pamellia said…
What a great read today Jennie, I would have loved to have seen that play, sounds like so much fun!! Love the layout and that big metal flower is so perfect for the era! hugs :)
Redanne said…
Your post (and the photos) really made me smile Jennie, what a fantastic post and your layout is superb, the background really does fit the era and the photo! Anne x
Unknown said…
This is such a fabulous scrap page and has a fabulous story to match!! I love the colours you used and the layout you've done xx
What a great story behind this page!! Love your make - definitely mirrors the time period, and the layering so gorgeous, as usual! Obviously, a woman of many talents! Thanks so much for sharing some of your other interests - xx Lynn