More Dripping!



Another project from me today for Country View Challenges Drips and Drops Challenge. This is more drops than drips and I find myself doing these drips more and more these days!

There are quite a few men in our family so I thought it about time I started getting birthday cards made for them. I chose Tim Holtz's Mercantile and Shabby French Stamp Sets as the basis for my card and created the background by stamping and "dripping" using Old Paper Distress Ink.



Blending more Old Paper Ink around the edges gives it quite an old feel. 



I stamped various pieces for the decoration again using Old Paper Distress Ink for the letter and Coffee Arcival for the rest, although I blended Old Paper around the edges to maintain the colour. Some of you will recognise one of my little tickets from my little collection at A Vintage Journey!



I also stamped behind the embellishment cluster as it was looking a little lost.



I used a single thin sticky fixer under the French gent so I hope this will be another post friendly card!


Thanks for joining me today and enjoy the rest of the day!

Jennie x


Comments

Astrid Maclean said…
Fabulous mail card Jennie, love the muted colour palette and the whole lay out of it, so beautifully composed! Wonderful use of one of your tickets too!
Rita said…
Good Morning Jennie. What a fantastic card. I love what you've done. Cards for men are a nightmare for me, but after seeing this one you have given me some inspiration. Thank you for that. Keep Safe my friend. Hugs Rita xxx
Pamellia said…
The dreaded masculine card and you have pulled if off perfectly! I just love that one splash of colour amid all the wonderful neutrals! Just fabulous stamp choices! Love it! hugs :)
Unknown said…
I so struggle with guy cards, how do you do it? I always want to add towers somewhere! Amazing card Jennie, really love what you have done xx
Redanne said…
You drip so well Jennie! I love this card, great colours and fantastic composition. Hugs, Anne xx
Nikki Acton said…
A stunning male card - I love the subtle, neutral tones and as usual fabulous composition. Nikki xx
Such delicate neutrals and elegant stamping - this is lovely.
Alison xx
Jenny Marples said…
So, so elegant Jennie. I love the drips on this. Jenny x