Tag Time!




Hello to everyone - regular visitors and new followers, it is always lovely to have you joining me.  Today I am sharing Tim's February tag and yes … you could be mistaken for thinking that I have got the wrong month! As February 14th had past I thought I would do something completely different and chose to use the word travel and papers from the Destinations stack.


Clicking the link HERE will take you to Tim's blog and all the details for making the tag.


I have followed his technique with the collaged and shabbied background and used similar horizontal elements. There are a couple of hearts in there and some sewing and I had some fun with the new Special Delivery Rub Ons which arrived just as I was finishing the tag. 


I may have gone a bit overboard with the Picket Fence Distress Paint but I quite like the really vintage feel to these papers, which are very bright in reality. So a good technique for toning down some of those papers which we might not use.


I love the new Flashcards and think they are going to be a great favourite. They have a lovely soft surface which takes sanding and the Distress Inks well.


And I love the new Typed tokens.


And I have to confess that the sewing was not done on a sewing machine. I am indebted to my very clever and talented friend Jenny Marples of Pushing the Right Buttons for passing on the tip about using a Dressmakers Tracing Wheel to make the holes and a black pen for the stitching. It works a treat! Thank you Jenny!


I am actually very pleased with the way this shabby vintage tag turned out and love the collaged background technique and shall be using it again I am sure.

I hope everyone is enjoying a relaxed Sunday - it is bitterly cold and windy here with occasional snow showers so I am looking forward to a relaxing afternoon with my knitting and some music.

Jennie x


Comments

Sue said…
A beautiful tag Jennie and so much detail for a small project. I really must treat myself to more of Tim's fantastic products.
Samra said…
What a great take on Tim's tag!!! Love your version very much so!
Annie said…
Love your February tag Jennie. The picket fence looks great over the papers and I really like the embellishments you chose. Hope you are nice and cosy as the weather seems to have turned really cold again.

Love the tracing wheel detail.
We R Memeory Keepers also have a piercing tool, which is great on paper and card.

Have a great week
Annie x
Redanne said…
I think using the Picket Fence to tone down the papers is a wonderful idea (that I never remember to use!) and really gives your tag a wonderful shabby vintage feel. A great take on Tim's tag Jennie. Hugs, Anne xx
Your tags such a fab take on Tim's and the stitching looks great, had me fooled !
Julie x
Rita said…
Fabulous tag Jenny. I do love everything about it. The faux stitching looks so real, it had me fooled. Keep yourselves warm and cosy. Hugs Rita xxx
This is a wonderful take on Tims tag Jennie, your soft muted palette is gorgeous 💖
Jenny Marples said…
Just KNEW you'd make an outstanding entry for this month's tag and you really did Jennie. I love the soft colours and the choice of elements. Jenny x
Astrid Maclean said…
Jennie, I have to say I love your version way better than the original!!! Gorgeous and beautifully put together! The faux sewing could have fooled anyone! I have just ordered the tracing wheel too, can't wait for it to get here...
Unknown said…
Love how you stitched around the tag Jennie, such a beautiful extra-textured detail. The tag is brilliant and love how you've put your spin on Tim's tag xx
CentaurOfAttn said…
Oh wow! You totally fooled me with the tracing wheel technique! I'm going to have to look into that. Finding a sewing machine is tough work for a guy sometimes.
barbarayaya62 said…
So beautiful version !!!! Great work,Ilove every little detail! Awesome tag! Barbarayaya