12 Tags of 2015 - May


The end of the month is looming up fast so I took a few hours away today from being on stage and helping to get the boat ready to do Tim's May tag.


I really loved his vintage style tag this month and as usual if you want all the details they are HERE on his blog.  

Needless to say I didn't have half the supplies so the quote on this month's tag is quite apt:

Out of limitation comes creativity


I used linen instead of hessian and chose a different layering stencil as I had a sewing theme in my head. However this got a bit lost on the creative journey!


I do however have the wonderful little flower dies and am really loving them, although they are quite fiddly (for my arthritic fingers anyway!) I have made these with cream cardstock and the roses with the usual Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges (added and spritzed before rolling). The inner of the small sunburst style flower was inked with Fired Brick and sprayed, again before rolling up.


I absolutely adore this tag and have not thought of using linen before, so now it is out on the desk I am sure I will be using it again!

Thank you for joining me (again) today!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Jennie x


Comments

Paula Cheney said…
This tag is stunning. I just can't stop looking at it! Hope it gives me some inspiration for work I have to get done today...thanks for always sharing what you create to inspire the rest of us.
A sure winner this month Jennie, stunning. Good luck.
Julie xx
Redanne said…
Jennie, this is a beautiful take on Tim's tag, I love the paler background and your embellies look wonderful! Love it! Anne xx
Rita said…
Wonderful tag Jennie. Love the chosen fabric and colours. Hugs Rita xxxxx
Julia Aston said…
Love the light and airy colors you used on this lovely version of Tim's tag Jennie! The linen background is beautiful! Julia xx
Marci said…
Beautiful in a quiet way.
Astrid Maclean said…
A fantastic take on Tim's original Jennie!! The pale linen fabric looks gorgeous and the embellishing elements are layered to perfection!! Just stunning!!
Unknown said…
I love the light and airy feel of your tag Jennie, it's a fab take on Tim's and this has to be a winner!! It certainly is in my book :)
Hugs
Georgie xx
Pamellia said…
Holy wowsers Jennie! No offence to Tim, but he can't hold a candle to this beauty! Your version is so soft and romantic with a feminine touch that just makes me swoon! This is a winner for sure! hugs :)
Jac said…
I love this, it looks so soft and vintagey, brill x
A Pink said…
Gorgeous take on Tims tag ! Jennie Scrolling down all the thumbnails of the entries so far for me it stood out a mile . Love the subtle pops of colour in your chosen ephemera against the lovely linen background . Really is beautiful , classy too x
Nikki Acton said…
Oh Jennie you just make everything so elegant, this is lovely. Went to SU conference in Telford last week, heard Rhoda ( I think!) from Shetland on stage - thought you might know her? Nikki xxx
Brenda Brown said…
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous xxxx
Annie said…
Your tag for May is stunning Jennie and I love the improvisations you have made. Beatiful, vintage and so feminine

TFS and best wishes
Annie x
I really love your delicate linen background, and gorgeous feminine detailing. The stitching is great and I love the almost monochrome look with just those touches of rosy warmth - a beautiful take on the May tag.
Alison xx