Add Some Texture



Hello friends and followers and welcome to another month of challenges and creations! To start the ball rolling this is my first post of today (sorry there will be another!) and I am here to share with you our new challenge at Country View Challenges which is


Add some texture !



I had great fun adding loads of different types of texture to this tag! I started with Tim's Woodgrain Layering Stencil and some Texture Paste which was then sprayed with Rusty Hinge and Peeled Paint Distress Spray Stains.



I had the idea that I wanted to make a whopper of a flower. I used the Tim Holtz Layered Leaf die and embossing folder to make a whole load of coffee filter paper leaves which I then sprayed with varying colours of Rusty Hinge and Peeled Paint. Then what to do with them? I went and had some lunch and when I came back I just happened to see that my lovely friend Astrid had posted a link to a video showing how to make Rolled Leaf Roses with real Maple Leaves. You can see the video HERE




It was great fun using the Maple Leaf technique with my coffee filter leaves and I was delighted with the resulting "flower". You never know where your inspiration will come from!




I added more texture to my tag by using wire and muslin and also some machine stitching around the edges. It really feels as though Autumn has arrived!

You have the whole month to share your "textured" creation with us at Country View Challenges with a randomly drawn winner receiving a £20 voucher to spend in the Country View Shop and of course a chance for the DT chosen winners to return as Guest Designers. 

Keep a look out over the rest of the month too for a huge range of textured projects from me and the rest of my teamies.


See you again later!

Jennie x






Comments

Astrid Maclean said…
Stunning textural tag Jennie, your leaves look amazing!!
Unknown said…
Love how dimensional your leaves and flowers are xx
SewPaperPaint said…
This is truly gorgeous!!! I so wish I could hold it in my hands! :)
So beautiful, Jennie - I love the woody background and your leafy flower is just amazing!
Alison xx
Kerstin F. said…
Fantastic, love the flower leaves!
rachel said…
a stunning tag - gorgeous jennie - hugs rachel x
This is beautiful Jennie such lovely warm autumn colours love it xx
A Pink said…
what an absolutely gorgeous textural tag! Jennie I adore your 'whopper of a flower full of texture and dimension in those fabulous autumnal colours . x
A Pink said…
what an absolutely gorgeous textural tag! Jennie I adore your 'whopper of a flower full of texture and dimension in those fabulous autumnal colours . x
Sandy said…
Everything you touch turns out beautifully - and this sure is an example of your gorgeous work!
sandy xx
Awesome tag, Jennie and that leaf flower is stunner!
Deb said…
Amazing Jennie, your flower is a triumph! Love the textured wood grain background and the addition of the wire and muslin adds to the textural loveliness. Thanks so much for sharing it, now off to watch that leaf rolling video! Deb xo