A Stitch in Time

Well here I am again this morning, welcoming you to another new challenge, this time at Our Creative Corner where Jan is our host and she is challenging us to:


Sew and Sew

Fabrics, wool, threads, lace, this month's challenge is all about texture, layers and loveliness. What scraps have you got hidden away. Any snippets of favourite clothes you can't bare to part with? 

Anything sewing related can be used in your piece: you could use stitches, sewing machine or fake stitches. Don't forget to get out your sewing themed stamps and dies.

Have fun and create something!


Well I had great plans of making a wonderful sewn hanging - it is started but unfortunately didn't get finished as I had a fairly short term call to go to Glasgow to have my second foot operation. So …… sadly I had to resort to some of my dies and stamps to create this little 6" x 2" sewing themed hanging.








I started with a piece of greyboard which I gessoed and added some texture with a gorgeous DecoArt stencil.

I used DecoArt Crackle Paste and when it was dry I spritzed it lightly with Victorian Velvet and Vintage Photo Distress Spray Stains.













I love the openness of this crackle paste which allows the distress inks to puddle in the cracks.




















I found some small sewing related stamps ………



and used this little sewing die to create a small collage.



So not what I had intended to make for this lovely challenge, but I hope it inspires you to join us in creating a sewing themed project of your own.

Thank you for joining me today and I would urge you to click the link HERE and be transported to our fabulous challenge page where you will see some amazing inspirational projects which I am sure will have you dashing for your sewing machine and supplies.

And our sponsor this month is:





who are sponsoring one Rubber Stamp Set, valued at $31.95 AUD to our randomly drawn winner.


I am pleased to say that the surgery was successful and I am just about coming to the end of my 14 days "sitting with my foot up" rest. Hopefully in the next few days I shall be able to start hobbling around a bit on crutches. At least I know what to expect this time.

Thank you for joining me today and I hope you have a lovely creative week.

Jennie x






Comments

Julia S-W said…
Delicate, feminine and beautiful. Love the way you use those gloriously soft tones to such wonderful effect. xx
Inkypinkycraft said…
As always such gentleness x
So charming - I love the crackled lettering and gentle colour tones, and the tiny scissors make a wonderful focal point.
Alison xx
Pamellia said…
So beautiful Jennie and it's great to see your thumbnail in my reading list. Sending all my wishes to you for a speedy recovery. Hugs :)
SewPaperPaint said…
Fabulous theme and delightful project!
Astrid Maclean said…
Love the pretty soft background on this Jennie, and the scissors look fantastic the way you have treated them! The subtle crackle looks super too!
Such a pretty project and a gorgeous design.
Hugs, Julie x
This is beautiful Jennie, so delicate. I love the colours and the crackle texture on the background. It fits perfectly with my theme. So pleased you are recovering well. Hugs Jan x
Monika Gulyas said…
Wow, Jennie! This is gorgeous! Your works are always so feminine, so delicate, so beautiful! I love your soft light pink and your nice crackles! Stunning composition!
Lys said…
So elegant and delightful! I love the crackles melting softly with colours... Happy to see you recovering well, Jennie. Hugs.
Brenda Brown said…
Utterly delightful my friend a wonderful mixture of soft and feminine and the cold, hard metal of the scissors. Such a great contrast. Love it.
hugs Brenda xxx
Redanne said…
It may not be what you intended Jennie, but it is beautiful nonetheless - the crackle looks amazing and I love that you added the scissors. Hugs, Anne xx
Unknown said…
Such a delicate and feminine piece, Jennie! I love the blushing tones of color and each little sewing related embellie--Darling!
It's good to hear you are recuperating well :) :) I expected nothing less ;) :) XOXO-Shari
You have a lovely elegant style Jennie and this is no exception. Love the pink with touches of brown , lovely. Tracy x
Marci said…
Such a gorgeous color! Love your project, it is lovely
A Pink said…
yet another beautiful creation! Jennie _ I have so much love and admiration for your style . Such delicate feminine tones and embellished wonderfully - Love the scissors .
hugs x