Paris Adventure


The first of the month (where did January go?!) and so time for a new challenge at Country View Crafts and this month our host is Sue who has chosen the theme:


Make Your Own Background

I received a fabulous set of IndigoBlu stamps for Christmas from my son Robin (along with some other lovely crafty bits and pieces - bless him!) So I decided to make a journal page in order to use as many of the stamps as possible which of course includes making my own background.



I started with a gessoed page and I spritzed Faded Jeans and Vintage Photo randomly from top right to bottom left of the two page spread.



Next I added text and shapes through a number of stencils using the same inks. I decided not to use any textures on these pages, just soft layers of inks. 



Here you can see more of the layering stencils and some of the overstamping. The chap with the binoculars has been stamped on tissue paper, as was the lovely lady cyclist as I thought they would get a little lost with all the background text. Plus I have a pretty heavy collage on the journal page before.



And so with my background created I decided to do very little more other than to stamp and cut out the lady cyclist and layer her over a couple of the tickets which come with the stamp set.



I really enjoyed putting this journal page together and both pages may well act as a dummy run for some birthday cards later in the year. 

Thank you to Robin for such a lovely present!

I do hope you will find time to join us in our challenge this month and if you are looking for inspiration then hop on over to the Country View Challenges blog today for the rest of the Design Team's fabulous backgrounds. And of course we will all be back throughout the month with more projects to inspire you.

Thank you for joining me today! This is just the first of two posts this morning, so see you again shortly!


Jennie x

Comments

Luvcreatincards said…
Good morning good yawning Jennie,
What lovely Christmas presents you received from you son and what a beautiful double page spread you have created for the CVC February challenge. You have created such a pretty soft and interesting background and I love the lady cyclist and the binocular stamps you have used, could you please tell me which stamps sets they are from and the make. Thank you for sharing your inspiring step by step photos. It is always a treat to visit your blog.
Warmest best wishes,
Su
-x-
Margaret said…
Beautiful pages, Jennie. Love the stamps.
Jenny Marples said…
Oh my goodness Jennie what a journal spread!!! Your delicate touch, your clever composition, and the use of those IndigoBlu stamps sets my heart all aflutter! Thank you SO much for sharing - would you mind if I pin this to the I Love IndigoBlu Pinterest board (with a link back here to your blog)? Jenny xxx
Such beautiful stamps, Jennie - and the subtle, delicate background layers mean they can really shine. Love the collaged elements and the composition.
Alison xx
Ruth said…
Simply beautiful vintage pages, absolutely love them, such gorgeous tones....delightful Ruth x
Unknown said…
Such a lovely background Jennie and I love the openness of your layout. This is just a GORGEOUS vintage journal creation in every way. j.
SewPaperPaint said…
Fabulous stamps and beautiful design!!!
Astrid Maclean said…
You are the queen of soft layered backgrounds Jennie, this is so beautiful!! Great work with those stamps, a super spread!!
rachel said…
oh so beautiful Jennie - you really are a brave lady with white space - your piece looks so dreamy and works perfectly - love it xx
Lovely and very classy double spread. Love the subtle colours and your design . Tracy x
Marci said…
Beautiful! You have a way with layering stamps, and the colors are so beautiful.
Brenda Brown said…
Fabulous backgrounds Jennie, love the soft colour effects, the layers of stamping and collage over the top. xxx
Jennie I love how you created such a beautiful background all soft and floaty. Great stamping too. Love it, hugs Deb xx
Redanne said…
Fabulous use of the IB stamps Jennie and your background is just to die for - gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx
A Pink said…
Lovely journal pages! Jennie Love the delicate colour tones and subtle stencilling .Excellent composition
hugs xx
Julia Aston said…
I'm a little late to the party - but so glad I found your beautiful journaling pages Jennie! what wonderful soft colors you used on the background - perfect for the lovely images! Julia xx