And yet more Crackle!


There's a lot of crackling going on this month and this little piece is no exception. I am sharing my second piece for Country View Challenges for our Crackle challenge with this small decorated board.

I recently bought a five frame picture frame and rather than putting photographs in the frames I decided to take out the glass and make five individual pieces using some of my favourite things. 

Now I will apologise in advance for the very different colours of the photographs. The "making" ones are taken in the craft room and the final pieces are taken in my photography box and there must have been a distinct difference in daylight between the two days!



I covered the board first with gesso and then added some crackle texture paste using my (very) favourite stencil. I then brayered DecoArt Fluid Acrylics Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Raw Sienna and Metallic Gold randomly over the board.



I felt it was a little dark for what I wanted so I then brayered DecoArt Titanium White over the top.



I gathered a few favourite elements and stuck them on to the board.



I gave all the embellishments a light coat of gesso to make them stronger and enable them to blend together before adding a little more Metallic Gold to the buttons and metal.




And here it is in its frame - one down four to go!


If you hopped over here from Country View Challenges to see more, thank  you for joining me here on my blog and thank you too to regular followers for always popping in. I really appreciate it.

Have a great day!

Jennie x



Comments

rosiejt said…
I love the 'dreamy' quality of this.
Craftyfield said…
Gorgeous Shabby chic décor piece Jennie! I love the background paint layers and the crackle paste looks fantastic.
chrissie said…
very elegant project and it looks amazing in the frame. Thank you for sharing how you made it

Love Chrissie xx
Corrie Herriman said…
Fabulous !
Corrie x
Helen said…
this is gorgeous, jennie!
Brenda Brown said…
So pretty Jennie, love the colours and design. Hope you are having a fabulous time xxx
sarascloset said…
Big dreamy sigh! this is SO beautiful in color and texture and your design is just lovely! Oh, how I wish I could create like this! LOVELY! Hugs!
Evelyn Walter said…
beautiful little picture, Jennie! It looks great in the frame! Looking forward to seeing the next four ones!
xxx Evelyn
SewPaperPaint said…
Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous! And the frame really looks beautiful! What a great collage. <3
This is so beautiful, Jennie - the colours are so fresh and bracing - like an ocean breeze! - and I love the textured crackled numerals. Sorry I've been MIA again - have a couple of weeks of calm coming up in the Czech Republic soon when I aim to do some proper catching up.
Alison x
A Pink said…
Absolutely fab! Jennie . Wonderful detail , texture and colours all combined with your natural ability to select and arrange ephemera perfectly make for a beautiful art panel .
hugs x