The Little Blue House

Well here we are at the start of yet another month! and of course we have a brand new challenge for you over at Country View Challenges. Evelyn is our host this month and she has chosen the theme:

CRACKLE

I have loved the Tim Holtz Village Dwelling die for some time now although I have only really made the houses with my grandchildren. So for a bit of fun I thought I would have some play time with with it myself and made this rather "rickety" blue house.


I have used crackle paste on the outside along with Distress Inks and the Wrinkle Free Technique in various shades of blue.


Frosted windows and a painted roof.





Flowers around the door ....... and elsewhere!


Great fun! and with a little night light flickering inside, extremely homely.


Not as much fun though as making them with little chap!

So lets see you get your crackle on and join us in our challenge this month. Click the link HERE for all the details of the challenge and to see the rest of the Design Team's amazing projects. And look out too for more amazing crackled projects through the month.

As always thank you for joining me today.

Jennie

Comments

Inkypinkycraft said…
gorgeous project ...and gorgeous little chap too! love all those blues in your house x
Astrid Maclean said…
Your little blue house is an absolute delight, I am in love with those blue tones and the way you have finished it looks lovely! The little village you did with your grandson looks brilliant, I bet he totally loved having this special time with grandma!!
Brenda Brown said…
Such a beautiful house Jennie, love the shades of blue, the crackled texture and creative details. I also love all the tiles your grandson added to his collection. xxx
Beautiful Jennie ..love the blue tones and it looks so homely. Looks like a wonderful time spent with your grandson.
Monika Gulyas said…
Fabulous! I love the interesting texture of the walls! What a handsome grandson you have! Hugs
Jane said…
What a super crackled house Jennie but as you say I'm sure making them with your grandson was even better! happy June x
Almo said…
Beautiful house Jennie love the stencilled crackle and the wrinkle free effect on the walls. Mo x
Marci said…
I really like this blue house. I think the decoration is just right, not too much. Cute houses with your cute grandson, too. He looks so delighted!
Linda Pekrul said…
Your little house is wonderful Jennie! I love the way you've crackled and misted it...the flower trim... and that adorable key! Your grandson is so cute ... don't you just love crafting with your grandkids!
Candy C said…
Jennie....this little house is adorable. Love your shades of blue.
Julia Aston said…
Love your sweet little blue house Jennie! Julia xx
Hi Jennie, that little house is so sweet, especially with a night light inside. X
Craftyfield said…
Such a lovely house... I want to live in it! I love the colours (OK blue is my favourite colour) and the wall texture.
The little one has a winning smile too...
Sue said…
This is amazing Jennie, love the blues (and your little helper) xx
rachel said…
this is wonderful Jennie - what a lovely idea - and it works so very well! Big hugs rachel x
Evelyn Walter said…
Not only your little cute grandson loves your house, Jennie, it is so very beautiful! The crackled swirls are wonderful, just like all the great embellishing.
xxx Evelyn
This is so cute Jenny, love your design on the house. I just managed to get this die at the weekend, but still to get a chance to play with it.
Julie x
Deb said…
That is so lovely Jennie, the flourished crackle looks so gorgeous on your beautiful little cottage! Thanks for sharing it, Deb xo
Adorable! Love the crackled flourish against the inky background - simply charming. But yes, I can see how much fun it must be to make them with your grandchildren too!
Alison x
Nikki Acton said…
everything you do is elegant.. i love it. the gorgeous soft tones... fabulous jennie xxx
A Pink said…
Fabulous! Jennie When can I move in ? A little dwelling in my fave colour created so beautifully - Home sweet home !
Your little helper has made some beauties too .
hugs x
Lucy said…
Just found your lovely little house. I love this die too. What I like the most about your little house is how beautifully the colors go together. Really pretty.