Summertime .... and the living is easy .....

Oh how I wish it was!

Hot Summer Days is our challenge this month over at Country View Challenges and for my second project I have again had fun in my art journal, trying to create the feel of a hot summer day.


I created a watery watercolour style background using Mermaid Lagoon, Crushed Olive, Wild Honey and Peeled Paint Distress Inks.



Again I have created a number of layers using stamps and layering stencils.



I love the fact that creating an art journal page is so fluid, having no real initial plan, creating the background and then hunting out stamps which go with your thoughts. I love it and am getting quite hooked!


As ever, thank you for joining me today.

Jennie x





Comments

Craftyfield said…
This brought back memories of summers past when me and my best friend use to ride our bike all the time in the summer heat! Beautiful page Jennie.
A Pink said…
Really wonderful pages! Jennie Love the watery background in those delicate summery shades complimented even more with your gorgeous stenciling, imagery and words .
hugs x
Hazel Agnew said…
Just perfect Jennie. Obviously evoking memories for people. It reminds me of times with my grandparents in very flat Lincolnshire, where everyone travelled by bike! Xx
Evelyn Walter said…
Love the light and happy mood of your page, Jennie! Reminds me of my childhood, when we went to go swimming nearly every day after school or in holidays.
xx Evelyn
Corrie Herriman said…
Fabulous journal pages, I love the soft colours !
Corrie x
Unknown said…
Such a calming and beautiful page xx
Deep sigh of pleasure... summertime on a page, full of light and air and so beautiful.
Alison x
Marci said…
Love the colors and your stamping.