Travel with Me!

Good morning everyone and welcome to the first of the month! and that means a brand new challenge at Country View Crafts. I am your host this month and I have chosen the theme

TRAVEL

Most of you will have travelled at some point in the last few months, so I hope you will enjoy this theme.



Whenever we come home from Europe we always seem to have spare Euros and they get kept for the next holiday .... but we can never find them as they are in various handbags, wallets and purses around the house! So I decided to alter a small box so that (hopefully) it can be kept in one place and we will find it, and the money, when next we travel!




I covered my box with Tim Holtz printed tissue paper, just tearing up strips and adding them with multi-medium. I added a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink here and there before painting it with DecoArt Fluid Acrylic Cobalt Turquoise Hue (I just LoVE this colour!). It is a translucent paint and so the tissue paper patterns show through.


Once dry I then gave all the surfaces a coating of DecoArt Crackle Glaze. This takes a little while as you need to keep the surfaces flat and let them dry before moving on to the next side. Finally having left everything to dry thoroughly overnight I rubbed in DecoArt White Antiqueing Cream. Once dry you can then gently rub it off so that the cream remains in the crackles. I just LoVE this crackle too!

For details of all these DecoArt techniques hop on over to the DecoArt web page.




And then to decorate the lid - not too much as I didn't want to hide any of the lovely crackle!


You might remember these little tickets I created last year - they were lots of fun to make and are just the right size for a small project like this. Here is the link if you would like to see more.




I do hope you will get out those travel papers, stamps, ephemera and embellishments in your stash and join us this month for our challenge. Hop on over to the challenge post today to see the details and some fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Team.

Thank you so much for joining me today!

Jennie x







Comments

Craftyfield said…
Gorgeous box Jennie! The crackle looks beautiful with the antiquing cream and the embellishments are great too.
Brenda Brown said…
Euros, dollars we keep them every time and like you they end up in lots of different places but a box like this is a perfect home and so beautiful too. I love the subtle crackle and what a great use for those tickets - perfect. xxx
Monika Gulyas said…
So beautiful and so useful, Jennie! I love your box! Hugs
Gorgeous colour with the crackle Jennie. Great idea to save those foreign coins in such a beautiful box. You are very patient waiting for the crackle to dry, it's very even. Hugs Jan x
What a lovely color and those cracks are just awesome...inspiring me to try the new one I just got! This is so functional and a lovely one, Jennie.
Evelyn Walter said…
I love your box and the idea behind it, Jennie! Very useful (if really used ;-) ). The embellishing and the crackles are adorable and I love the color.
xxx Evelyn
Jane said…
What a beautiful place to keep those loose coins ..I love it x
Missy said…
Beautiful box. I love it! Thanks for the inspiration.
Sue said…
This is gorgeous Jennie, beautiful crackle, and what a great way to keep your Euro's safe xx
rachel said…
a stunningly beautiful project Jennie. amazing crackles! Hugs rachel x
A Pink said…
What a beauty this little box is . If i knew I had a box as fabulous as this waiting at home to put my spare Euros in , I wouldn't be spending them for sure . Totally Love this Jennie .
hugs
Corrie Herriman said…
Great idea and a lovely box ! Great theme too !
Corrie x
Nikki Acton said…
Oh gorgeous Jennie - I am with you on that colour and your crackle looks stunning! Not sure I would have the patience to do one side at a time! Nikki xx
What an adorable tiny box - the colour and the crackle are glorious, and I remember those tickets very well - I was fired with determination to case the idea... where did the time for that go?!
Alison x