Travel the World

Thank you for joining me today so close on the heels of my last "Travel" post. As I am  hosting the challenge at Country View Crafts then I have the "follow on" spot!


It was only whilst I was putting this tag together that I realised that our eldest son left home this month, 19 years ago, to join the Merchant Navy. As a young Cadet he travelled all over the world to join his ships and of course there was no mobile phone, text or FaceTime then! We were never too sure where in the world he was!


My tag started with some crackle paste through a stencil and then my favourite technique for getting ink on the tag - wrinkle free distress.


I have collaged, stamped and used rub ons to sum up what I imagine a life travelling the world must be like. Though as a Cadet I am sure Adrian would not agree with me that it was "good" all the time!



A close up so you can see that I have used quite a lot of stamps on the background which don't really show up well at a distance.



This was a piece which evolved quite quickly as I hunted through my stash looking for nautical and travel stamps and elements and consequently I got quite carried away and finished it before taking any photographs!

As ever thank you for joining me today and I hope you find time during the month to join in my challenge at Country View Crafts.


Jennie x


Comments

Sue said…
Jennie I love everything about your tag, from the gently colours to the fab texture and all the lovely elements. It's just perfect! Have a fun weekend xx
A Pink said…
Such a wonderful tag with heartfelt meaning making it all the more special . Fabulous colour, crackle, detail and collage composition .
Hugs x

Craftyfield said…
Lovely masculine and Vintage feel Jennie, the photo is great too (I'm guessing Lost relatives).
Corrie Herriman said…
Love the blue and the brown together ! Lovely tag !
Corrie x
Artyjen said…
Lovely tag....love the getting carried away with the process! ;)
Redanne said…
A really beautiful tag, wonderful colours and design - and such a lovely sentiment behind it too! Anne xx
Annie said…
Love all the wonderful layers of stencils, inks and stamps Jennie x a great layout beautifully pieced together......19 years ago.........how time flies!!!!

Hope you are good and the weather is being kind

Take care
Annie xx
Rita said…
What a talent you have Jennie. I love your tag and all the wonderful textures you have produced on it too. Hugs Rita xxx
Marci said…
I especially love the background and your use of stamps!
You probably don't need me to tell you that I love this - my favourite colour combination, fabulous background crackle and perfect collage composition. Brilliant tag!
Alison x
Kreativelena said…
This is just stunning....So glad i found your blog ;-)