Believe in Your Star


The month of November is drawing to a close and I am the last of the DT at Country View Challenges to post in what has been a star struck month!  I had great fun creating this little star decoration but sadly the light in the craft room just lately has been so poor I have been unable to take photographs as I have gone along.



I started with a little cube made using the smallest of the cubes on the Sissix 3D Blocks Die. I tore up strips of printed tissue paper and stuck them all over the box at random with multi medium. After a coat of DecoArt Crackle Glaze had dried I rubbed White DecoArt Antiquing Cream all over the box and this left a really lovely subtle vintage crackle.



I bought some wooden stars from Hobbycraft many years ago and didn't really know what to do with them, but having been on the DecoArt Courses this year everything is getting a crackle make-over! I painted the star first with Raw Sienna Fluid Acrylics before adding DecoArt Crackle Paint. Once it crackled the vintage brown paint was visible in the cracks.  

The addition of a couple of embellishments was really all it needed as it really is SMALL !!!




Thank you so much for joining me today and here's looking forward to a new challenge at Country View Challenges on Thursday.

Jennie x






Comments

Marci said…
Really pretty!
Corrie Herriman said…
Oh, wow ! Wonderful !
Corrie x
suzyb said…
Love this box, very very pretty. Just my kind of lovely. Great little piece of art!
Victoria, BC
Redanne said…
This is so lovely Jennie, I love the warm colours and the star is fabulous! Anne xx
Nikki Acton said…
Just having a quick scroll down my reading list - having been a little short of time and struggling with viewing on my ipad with the new format means I cant view posts in my normal 'just got up and coffee mode!. Anyway this jumped right off the page at me - stunning Jenny!! xxx
Craftyfield said…
Love the crackle, it's quite big. Lovely décor piece Jennie!
Totally gorgeous work. Love it!!!!!
Totally gorgeous. Love the detail work!
rachel said…
absolutely beautiful Jennie - I love what you have done! Hugs rachel x
Sandy said…
Love your make! As I get older, I find crackles attractive!
sandy xx
Evelyn Walter said…
So beautiful, Jennie! Love the faded look with all this yummy crackle!
xxx Evelyn
A Pink said…
It maybe small but its most certainly beautiful! Jennie . Great idea, wonderful crackle and beautiful embellished . hugs x