Nature's Wonder


Another play day yesterday and what better than to use a mixed media challenge to focus the short time I had available. I have been a bit of a "lurker" on Mixed Media Monthly - desperate to join in but never having found the time recently.  

The current challenge is to create a project inspired by the colours of this Colour Inspiration Mood Board.

Quite a challenge for me as they are not a group of colours I might go to readily!





The nearest I could get to the colours was with this group of Distress Inks.







And this is my journal page inspired by the colours (and the photograph!)


There are no step by steps as it was a playtime! There are layers of texture paste and then Distress Inks painted, splodged and dripped on top.


A leaf I had left over from a previous project - a die cut inked with Distress Ink and then stamped with one of  Tim's fabulous leaf stamps.


More texture paste on this side of the page using a leaf layering stencil along with stencils and background stamping.


The trees were stamped on tissue paper and layered on to the page very carefully with Gel Medium in order not to "disturb" the inked layers.


I am really enjoying these brief forays into the craft room in between my panto duties. And in fact it has taught me that I really can do things a lot quicker! 

Thank you for joining me today as it this week draws to a close I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. 

Jennie x

Challenge #30



Comments

Redanne said…
Your journal pages are always so beautiful Jennie - this one is gorgeous! xx
Astrid Maclean said…
Oh Jennie I completely adore this!! And I just love how you matched your colours with the mood board, so clever!! The layout and textures are so beautiful, - a really stunning page!!! Thanks of course for adding it to our challenge at MMM, so glad you found some play time!
Deb said…
Beautiful journal page Jennie, gorgeous colour palette and I so admire your use of white space, that's something I have never been able to master. Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo
selena said…
superbe page automnale!
Brenda Brown said…
Your interpretation of the mood board is fantastic Jennie, I love where you have positioned your focal point and the wonderful collaging xxx
Nancy Dynes said…
This is a stunning page, Jennie! The autumnal palette and attention to detail is fabulous. Sorry I've been away so long. I broke my arm and haven't really been able to use the computer keyboard until a few days ago.

Hugs,
Nancy
Sue said…
A lovely page with subtle colour and an ethereal quality.
Unknown said…
So glad you joined us this month!! This is beautiful!! Love all your texture, splattering and color!! Thank you so much for planning with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!
Donna B. said…
This is simply gorgeous! I love how you used our colors. Thanks so much for playing with us this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.