Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow

Hello and welcome to a brand new year! 

And  what an exciting one I am sure it is going to be. 
I thought this quote was quite apt .....


and thought I would use it as part of my first project of the year and have it as my mantra for the year to come.


We have a brand new challenge for you over at Country View Challenges and you will be pleased to hear that it is 

ANYTHING GOES!

And so for this first project I gathered some favourite bits and pieces and made this small art panel also using some of my favourite techniques.


Texture Paste in the Corners
Torn Text Paper
Gorgeous colours : ColourArte Caribbean Blue and Autumn Leaves


A bit of painting with the ColourArte Powders and gesso
Spritzing here and there


Painting the fabulous ColourArte colours on the flowers and ribbon 

All such fabulous fun!

I do hope you will join us for our challenge this month and just have fun just as I have done.  Click the link HERE for all the details and some fabulous pieces from the rest of the DT -  there are so many different styles to inspire you!

Thank you for joining me today and whatever you do have a great crafting year!

Jennie x



Comments

Craftyfield said…
Very apt quote on this New Year morning! And what a lovely canvas... the background with the powders is gorgeous and Vintagey, perfect foil for the beautiful embellishments.
Happy New Year!
Jennie this is so vintagey pretty! There is so much to look at hugs Debs xx
A Pink said…
Gorgeous! Jennie As always beautifully created with an ideal quote for the start of a New Year !
Looking forward to seeing all your beautiful creations this year - I have no doubt there will be many .
hugs x
Hi Jennie you have created a wonderful work of art with such a great quote

Its great to be back in the blogging world

A very Happy and Healthy New year to you

xx Hilda
Corrie Herriman said…
This is gorgeous ! Happy New Year !
Corrie x
Annie said…
Love the quote Jennie and I adore your beautiful collaged project too

Fantastic layout and colour combination with a touch of blue

Happy New Year
Annie x
Evelyn Walter said…
Jennie, this is so very beautiful! Love everything about it!
I wish you a happy New Year!
xx Evelyn