Memories of Corsica

Welcome to our much loved Tag Friday over at A Vintage Journey.  When there's a fifth Friday in the month the Creative Guides create a tag often with supplies which linger on our desk from previous projects. Do hop on over to the blog to see some wonderfully inspiring makes from my fellow teamies.



My tag is a bit different as what was on my desk was a little pile of bits and pieces I bought back from Corsica found on the lovely beaches - seaglass, tiny shells and driftwood.  So I decided to create a "Memories of Corsica" tag.



The base tag was a mop up from a previous project and I loved the soft blues as we didn't have bright blue skies until the last couple of days. I added some texture  using my favourite stencil - the French link.



I then added some layers of stamping with stamps which reminded me of the flowers and the nautical feel of the lovely island. These are from the lovely PaperArtsy Stamp Set by Scrapcosy ESC03 - a set I never tire of.



I stamped the flower on text paper that had been coated with a watery layer of PaperArtsy Chalk Acrylic Paint.



And then to use those lovely beach pieces. There's a little piece of white seaglass on the right, two small shells and the lovely piece of driftwood. I have added some Art Stones (medium and small) and there's some scrunched up papery bits underneath too.



A little reminder of my lovely holiday with my three great friends. We all found Corsica a beautiful island - stunning scenery, a great history and lovely people. We would certainly like to go back.

Thank you for joining me today and wishing you all an enjoyable, and hopefully full of crafting, weekend.

Jennie x


Comments

Brenda Brown said…
Such a pretty tag Jennie, perfect with the memories it has for you, that little collection of beach pieces looks fabulous xxx
Such a lovely way to display your gatherings from Corsica - a beautiful tag, Jennie.
Alison x
sarascloset said…
What a great way to display those mementos from Corsica! Your tag is so pretty with the soft colors. I can see why that stencil is a favorite! Thank you for such beautiful inspiration! Hugs!
A Pink said…
A lovely gathering of some of your Corsica memories and beach 'treasure', Jenny . Thanks for sharing x
Astrid Maclean said…
A wonderful "memory" tag Jennie and gorgeous use of those wonderful stamps and stencils too, fabulous!
S@ndy Diller said…
What a lovely way to revisit and save a fond memory, love everything about your lovely tag. Hugs, Sandy
Deb said…
Beautiful tag as always Jennie and love how you incorporated your found Corsican treasures! Thank you for sharing it, Deb xo
Julia Aston said…
What a lovely way to remember your trip Jennie! Your little bits look wonderful layered along the bottom of your tag mixed with the little white art stones - so pretty in all the tans! Julia xx
Paper Wishes said…
Beautiful tag. The colours are so delicate, just lovely, thanks for sharing it.
SewPaperPaint said…
It's almost NEXT tag Friday and I'm just getting around... Where does the time go? I totally love this Jennie! The image is amazing and your bundled embellishments are incredible. Such a beauty! Hugs, Autumn