Autumn Splendour

Hello and welcome everyone! and a special welcome to those of you who have started following my blog over the last couple of weeks. I really appreciate your support and hope you enjoy my crafting journey.

We have a brand new challenge over at A Vintage Journey starting today. Sara Emily is our host this month and she is asking us to celebrate

AUTUMN SPLENDOUR

With the glorious colours of this season it would be oh so nice to see 
some falling leaves, pumpkins, acorns or any other favourite 
images that bring the season to mind. 



I absolutely adore the colours of Autumn and was keen to create a mixed media art panel with as many colours as I could! I have used PaperArtsy Infusions (Rusty Car) over a gesso background. Some embellishments were added in the background and got sprayed, whilst others were added on top later. 



I have used a lot of paper clay embellishments - leaves, buttons and other shapes. They take the Infusions beautifully.



I am always amazed at the mixture of colours in one little pot of Infusions!



I tried to create as many textures as possible using builders tape and texture paste before adding the Infusions.



Copper micro beads add further texture and gold wax applied here and there gave the whole art panel a lift.



I had made these Vintage Roses some time ago using Spiced Marmalade and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks.



I love the way the Infusions coloured these beautiful seed heads as well - they are just cheap acrylic frosted ones but look so different when painted with the Infusions.



I just know that Sara Emily's fabulous challenge is going to appeal to so many of you. Do hop on over to A Vintage Journey for more details of the challenge and for some fabulous Autumn Splendour inspiration from the rest of the Creative Guides.


Thank you for joining me and have a great weekend!

Jennie x

Comments

S@ndy Diller said…
Your flowers are beautiful as always. Love how you have used the muted colors of fall for your creation. So lovely!
Brenda Brown said…
What a glorious panel Jennie with so many wonderful textures and gorgeous colours. I love that you have added paper clay embellishments and had never thought about them taking on the colours of the infusions in such a fabulous mix and combination of autumnal hues. Love this xxx
Rusty Car has done you proud, Jennie - the beautiful colours here are amazing. I love how it takes differently on all the different surfaces, giving so many shades and tones amidst all that gorgeous embellishing. Your flowers, as always, take centre stage just perfectly.
Alison x
Mac Mable said…
What glorious texture and the most beautiful colours. Love the infusions and all the elements on your fabulous and stunning piece of art x.
Julia Aston said…
wow Jennie! so many wonderful things to see on your project - the textures you created on your background are lovely and the colors from your Infusions are gorgeous! Love the little beads scattered all around! Julia xx
Astrid Maclean said…
What a fabulous project Jennie, - amazing textures and incredible to think that the colour was achieved just with one little bottle of infusions. They are truly magical!! Your embellishment cluster with your fabulous flowers taking central stage, is just stunning!
Margaret said…
Oh, my goodness! This is absolutely breathtaking! Who would have dreamed that 'rusty car' could look so good! I love the mix of textures and your flowers are lovely!
Kate Yetter said…
This is so beautiful! I love the soft colors and the texture. A lovely piece.
Kate
Redanne said…
This is such a great theme this month Jennie and your art panel is stunning! The textures and whole design are beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx
A Pink said…
Stunningly beautiful, Jennie and like so much of your creativity it holds a a wonderful touch of elegance. Your arrangement is flawless and all those autumnal colour tones and texture an absolute delight.
Thanks for sharing all those lovely close ups .
hugs x
What a beautiful canvas Jennie, I adore how the white space gives it all a gentle hug. Amazing attention to detail and a delight to see.
Thank you for sharing.
Creative wishes Tracey x
sarascloset said…
Jennie, I'm so sorry to be late! I've been eyeing this beauty ever since you first posted it, but wanted to have a few minutes to really soak in the details and beauty! My, how GORGEOUS! The texture is just amazing and colors delight the eye! And the icing on the cake are those beautiful roses! Jennie, you have so many gifts! Thank you for sharing them and your sensational inspiration! Hugs!
sarascloset said…
PS I MUST get me some Rusty Car! Thanks for enabling! Wink wink!
Paper Wishes said…
Such a pretty autumn piece. Your colours are so original I love the touched of deep purple and bright orange it takes such skill to get them in yet perfectly balanced in a soft palette. thanks for the inspiration