Put Your Stamp On It !!!

Hello and welcome to the first Friday of the month and the start of a new challenge at A Vintage Journey.  The fabulous Deb is our host this month and she is asking us to:

PUT YOUR STAMP ON IT

We want to see some stamps on your creations, a minimum of one stamp but the more the merrier! Stamp your backgrounds, fussy cut or die cut some stamped images, add some stamped sentiments; whatever you like as long as it is in one of our preferred vintage, shabby, mixed media, art journalling, industrial or steam pun styles.


I decided to make a set of ATCs from a stamped masterboard along with some small stamped labels and butterflies. I ended up making two ATCs - each uses the same elements but in a different format.



I started off with a piece of cardstock which I had pulled from the Gelli Plate some time ago. I will have used PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints but no idea what colours!


There wasn't much in the way of added texture other than some flourishes which hadn't really come out. So there was plenty of room to add as much stamping as I wished!


I have used a selection of PaperArtsy stamps - some of them were quite big ones, but I just dabbed them here and there. I have also used brown and black ink and then over stamped some Distress Paint Circles using the top of the bottle.

I then cut my ATCs from this masterboard and decorated them with various embellishments including some PaperArtsy labels and a butterfly. The butterfly was stamped on some of the remaining painted cardstock.



Small labels such as these will ALWAYS be my go to stamping so I have put my own "stamp" on it as well as using my stamps!

Do hop on over to A Vintage Journey to see what my fellow Creative Guides have created - you will not be disappointed! We all love stamping but all use our stamps in so many different ways.

As always thank you for joining me and I hope you have a fabulous weekend.

Jennie x





Comments

S@ndy Diller said…
Great ATC's, so fun to use the same thing in different ways to get two lovely results.
Deb said…
What beautiful ATC's Jennie, love the Gelli plate background (great colour combo whatever they are!) and the over-stamping is done to perfection. Wonderful layered embellishments with even more stamping, you have certainly fulfilled the brief! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge, Deb xo
Your ATCs are delightful, Jennie - such pretty colours and the stamped Gelli masterboard is fabulous.
Alison x
A Pink said…
Your duo of ATC's are beautiful, Jennie . Love the delicate feminine colour palette further enhanced with all your stamping and lovely arrangement.
Hope you have a lovely weekend
x
Astrid Maclean said…
Two fantastic ATCs Jennie and I absolutely love your masterboard! Super colours, and what a great idea to use a gelli print! Love how you enhanced the background with stamps and then indeed put you own stamp on it with those super stamped embellishments. They really look wonderful!!
Redanne said…
They are both so beautiful Jenny, love how you used the same elements and yet they look so different and yet so similar.... Hugs, Anne xx
Julia Aston said…
what a great idea to create a masterboard of stampings so you ended up with several lovely ATC's Jennie! love the purples and tan colors and great collage of stampings - your added butterflies, lace, sentiment and rose give wonderful texture! Julia xx
This is a beautiful arrangement Jennie and I love all those different clock face stamps in the background. Those Butterflies are magnificent.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs Tracey xx
Such pretty ATCs! Both designs look amazing with all the stamps that you used and the colour scheme is so elegant especially with the fresh pop of colour from those cream roses - perfect 😁. Happy weekend! J 😊 x