ATC Mini Album

Hello and welcome to my second post today it being the first of the month. 

We have a brand new challenge starting at Mini Album Makers and this month I have made a small Mini Album from envelopes to hold some of my huge stash of ATCs.

As always my fellow Design Team members have created a wonderful array of mini books, so do hop on over to our blog to be inspired and to get all the details of the challenge.


As always I will share a few photographs of the mini album first before explaining how I made it.

I have been able to incorporate eight ATCs which you can see (including an AT Coin) and within each envelope there is space to add another three should I make any that are flat enough to fit into the envelope! I have also used cardstock from a 6 x 6 paper stack with minimal waste both to make the envelopes and to decorate the outer covers.







 The cover is a simple board construction.

HOW TO:


I used my Envelope Punch Board to make three envelopes measuring 
3" x 4" from 6 x 6 paper.


Before making up the envelopes I stamped on the inside and used the Bind It All to punch a set of holes down the inside edge.


The back flap allows more ATCs to be incorporated but also allows the little 
Bind It All Book to be stuck into the cover.


It measures 5.3/4" by 4" and is scored at 3 1/4" to create a flap. 
Again I have used the Bind It All to punch holes for the binder down the inside edge.


I have decorated the page with paper and some stamping.


I used my Bind It All to create a small bound book with the 
three envelopes and the flap at the back.


The cover was constructed from a piece of board measuring  8" x 4.1/4" 
which was scored at 3.3/4" from each side to create a 1" spine.


I covered the front, back and spine with more of the patterned cardstock, 
adding some ribbon and lace to the spine and one of my favourite ATCs to the cover.


Finally, having decorated the small bound book I stuck this into the cover.


This was a relatively quick mini album to make as my decorations were already made. 
I think the mini album would also make a lovely birthday present with 
some photographs and little notes in the envelopes. 

As always thank you for joining me today for what is always a pretty 
lengthy post for these mini album's.

Have a great weekend.

Jennie x



Comments

Annie said…
WOW !! Your mini album is fabulous Jennie x Wonderful details on each page and being able to bind it is perfect xx

Have a lovely weekend
Annie xx
Raquel Burillo said…
Very beautiful album Jennie!! 😊
Margaret said…
What a lovely little album!
Redanne said…
A fabulous tutorial Jennie, I love the idea of the envelopes as your pockets and your decoration, as always, is beautiful. I really must try to find my Zutter, I completely forgot I had it but it certainly makes a beautiful little album! Hugs, Anne xx
Jennie this really is beautiful, I would never of thought it was ATC size as there is so much detail within it. Wouldn't this make the perfect gift for someone special. A delight to our eyes and I thank you for sharing.
Creative wishes Tracey xx
Such a pretty album, Jennie - a tiny treat! I love the gentle blues you've used as accents on each page, and the vintage styling is, as always, perfect.
Alison x
Deb said…
This is gorgeous Jennie, love the envelopes and the papers and embellishments you have chosen are elegant and beautiful as always. Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo
Always inspired by your work. Love your style and this mini with the beautiful papers and images you've chosen.
HMax said…
Oh Jennie, I so admire your work and this is no exception. I love everything about it and can envision many uses for it. The papers are so sweet and blend perfectly together. Totally love those little envelopes. Very inspiring!

~ Heather
SewPaperPaint said…
Jennie, I admire this design so so much and think what a useful book you've designed! You always impress me with your subtle colorways and engineering spirit. I hope you are well and enjoying this busy time. It's great to get to see what you've been up to as I've missed your beautiful work. Big hugs from across the pond, Autumn