Tea Cup Easel Card (with Tutorial)

Hello and welcome ! 

Eileen Hull's teams are this month creating for our Card Bonanza theme and I decided to make a few cards using the lovely Tea Cup Die. However, I wanted something that would lie flat for posting and not incur the Large Letter cost which is becoming quite expensive.

So I have come up with a flat template card which stands up on it's own and .....


..... decorated using the tea cup die and die cut flowers.


Two designs but using the same elements .......


..... two layers of foam pads which just allows the card to meet the standard letter gauge ....


.... and a little selection of doilies.

The two cards took one piece of 12 x 12 plain cardstock and one piece of 12 x 12 pattern cardstock, so quite economical.

Scroll down for the tutorial but in the meantime, thank you for joining me 
and have a great crafting week!

And look out for me later in the  month when I have more ideas for cards 
using Eileen's Chapter 1 Die Release.

Jennie x

__________________________________________

TUTORIAL

The undecorated card looks like this:


And is folded and cut from a piece of cardstock measuring 51/2" x 11".











To decorate I have cut strips of patterned paper slightly smaller than the 1" bands they are covering.


Added a pretty piece of patterned cardstock for the central panel.

 
And added a die cut doily (my other card had a mini bought doily, but Eileen's new Filigree die (Chapter 1)  would work well here too!


For the Tea Cups I have used some thin board and covered the board with my paper before cutting. I have just used PVA glue which works well if you give it time to dry. I ran a gold pen around the top and bottom edge of the cup.



I have used quite a few foam pads to raise it up on the doily!


This does create a nice effect.


I cut a tea bag from some of the scrap paper and added a stamped butterfly.


And some stamped and die cut flowers to keep everything flat for posting.

I have added a happy birthday sentiment on the cards but I always find it quite handy to leave these blank and have a few sentiments ready just to add for the right occasion.


It would be quite easy to get into a little production line for making these cards, having everything ready in little piles ready just to glue down. 

Eileen Hull Dies used:

Sizzix Scoreboards XL Die Teacup and Spoon #664797

Comments