Celebrating Eileen Hull's Stamp Launch

 Hello and welcome to an exciting post! 

Today my lovely friend and very talented designer Eileen Hull is launching the first of a number of stamp sets under Maker Forte. I have been very lucky to have the chance to play with them and have designed and created this little tag book using some of my favourite products along with the stamps.



There are three sets in this release ....



.... and I have used two of them in this project (details at end of post)

But all of which are totally "me"!


Before sharing a short tutorial here are a few more details of the little tag book ..... five tags in total.


They have each been decorated with the stamps on the background but also as individual features along with some vintage images (Tim Holtz Photo Booth).


The back of the tags have been similarly decorated but the colours reversed.....


.... which creates a coherent look.

So here is how it came together:


I cut five tags using Eileen's Sizzix Thinlits Die Card, Waterfall and Tags. I have used PaperArtsy Smoothy 340gms cardstock as I was planning a watery background. I used two favourite Distress Inks and Tim Holtz's Wrinkle Free Distress Technique to create a bit of watery colour.


I then used the Vintage Damask stamp and Speckled Egg Distress Ink over the background. I inked the stamp and then pressed the tag into it, which creates a more uneven tone.


Vintage Photo Distress Ink was then blended around the edges of the tags (you can see the difference it makes!).


On the reverse of the tags I used the inks in the opposite way. Stamping the Vintage Damask background with Vintage Photo ......


..... before blending the Speckled Egg over the top and spritzing with water. I used washi tape to hold my book together and did stitch it down around the edges, but my sewing machine made a very bad job of the reverse so I had to stick more washi tape over the top! But it holds it all together nicely.


Finally I added some overstamping. There are some small stamps which work really well and it was possible to isolate some of the areas of the larger stamps by inking up little areas. 


I have overstamped with Vintage Photo Distress Ink - I like to use the same inks over and over through the project.


Some of the label stamps look good stamped on tea-dyed copy paper again using the Vintage Photo Distress Ink and blending some in around the edges.


Labels can be torn or cut into little strips to use for collage and the little Junk Journal stamp is going to be a favourite!


I captured some ribbon under the main collage on the front to make it feel more like a little book. The ribbon was dyed with Speckled Egg Distress Ink to match.


A super collection of stamps and ones which I am sure will be used over and over.

And as usual Eileen is sharing a Live for the release ! and yours truly will hopefully be appearing at some point to share this project. Just hop on over to Eileen's Facebook page (Eileen Hull Designs) and join us at 6pm UK time or 1 pm Eastern US. I do hope to see you there!

And the good news is that Country View Crafts will be stocking the stamps in the UK. So do keep an eye out in their shop for their arrival.



Thank you for joining me today and happy crafting!

Jennie x

Products used:

Maker Forte with Eileen Hull : Vintage Damask 
Maker Forte with Eileen Hull : Buttons, Cards & More
Eileen Hull Sizzix Thinlits Card, Waterfall & Tags 3665154

Tim Holtz Distress Ink : Speckled Egg and Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Photo Book Images





Comments

SewPaperPaint said…
You nailed it Jennie! This tag book is so incredibly gorgeous. I adore the background stamp and the tags you made with it and all of the other little stamped details throughout. Gorgeous! xx, Autumn