Tea Cup Flower Journal for Eileen Hull Designs

Hello and welcome! This month Eileen Hull's teams are focusing on Nature Journals and showing how you can make a journal from just about any of her dies not just the main "journal" dies.

 
I decided that the Tea Cup would make a super edging to a folded wallet filled with nature and flower quotes. I just love roses and if I didn't live so far north I would grow many more. 

I have this little Ballerina Tea Rose which struggles but during August was peeping through the long leaves of the Montbretia. 

It is a really pretty pink and inspired me to choose these papers (I had just two A4 sheets!) and this gorgeous pink rose.

Inside is a small waterfall which has a number of quotes and room for some photographs ......


..... along with a little journal which sits on the inside flap.


On the other side is a small tuck spot where I have used the tea bags as tags (my hack - you don't always need tag dies!)

Unfortunately the photographs I thought I had taken whilst making the wallet don't now seem to be on my phone! So I can only give you the measurements. I started with a piece of cardstock measuring 8 1/2" by 3 1/2" and scored at 2" and 2 1/4" from each side. You can either cut it from patterned cardstock or as I did in white cardstock and then I covered it front and back with patterned papers.


I used the Tea Cup die to cut a single cup from board which I covered with a patterned piece of paper and this got glued to the left hand side flap.


I cut another cup from the board and this time removed the handle as it didn't quite fit. I then stuck this down onto the inside flap. You can't see here but I caught a piece of ribbon between the two boards.


This cup then got covered with a piece of cardstock and a little tuck spot made from the leftovers.


I cut a tea bag from the board and used this on the back of the wallet to capture another piece of ribbon.


Using two lots of board either side of the left hand side flap creates a really lovely thick tea cup which does actually close without the aid of the ribbon. I could also have used magnets.

I hope this has given you an idea for using this die and do hop on over to Eileen Hull Designs to see what the teams have made this month. You will be inspired!

Happy crafting!

Jennie

Dies used:

Sizzix Scoreboards L Die : Teacup, 3D and Spoon #664797

Sizzix Thinlits Die Set : Card, Waterfall and Tags #665154



Comments

Lisa Hoel said…
beautiful Jennie!
LJMILLER said…
Loved how you used the tea bag tag as part of the closure…the tea cup die is one of my Favs, and have used over and over and over…thanks for sharing this,,,,beautifully done
LJMILLER said…
Love how you used the teabag tag for part of the closure….i have used the teacup die over and over…..one of my fav dies i use for many projects
eileen hull said…
Your colors your techniques your style- just gorgeous Jennie…