A Christmas Box

I always love it when I can combine some of my favourite designers and products into one project. This was a "play time" project. Not made for anyone but myself and where I could indulge my love of Eileen Hull's fabulous dies, Tim Holtz's little village houses, papers and ephemera and PaperArtsy Paints and Infusions.


I used the lids from Eileen's Treasure Box die to create the box. It is simply held together with a washi tape spine and a little shelf made from one of the box side pieces.


PaperArtsy Fresco Paint (Blood Orange) and Rusty Car Infusions gave a lovely rustic look, the walnut stains in the Infusions just adding a little bit of texture.


And then play! Two little paper houses using Tim Holtz Paper Village #2 and using some of his Backdrop papers for both decorating the box and the houses.


They just (!) fit in the box!


Tim Holtz Ephemera going back some years and some from this year's release. Small pearl beads from an old necklace were coloured with alchohol inks and tiny art stones for snow.


The beautiful Tim Holtz photograph I have been saving for a special project.


The front was kept simple with some Backdrop papers and a "made years ago" paper clay circle which took the PaperArtsy Fresco Paint and Gold Wax beautifully.


A lovely keepsake Christmas decoration which I can bring out each year. 

Happy Crafting !

Jennie x











Comments