Tiny Book from Gel Press Leftovers

 


Eileen Hull's Design Teams have been having great fun with the Gel Press Collaboration and today I am sharing Eileen's Tiny Book using some of the leftovers from my Chapter 1 Projects which are due to be released on Tuesday 1 February.


This Tiny Book (measuring 2¼" by 3") is just great for using up left over scraps and bits and pieces which are sitting on the desk from previous projects.


This is my favourite way of making the book - using a fold out concertina fold .......

..... which can be decorated on both sides.

So here is how it came together.


I have been using a Gel Press Plate measuring 5" x 7" so I had a number of small prints left over. These had been created using Distress Paints and Embossing Folders (video tutorial to come later in February).

I cut a piece big enough to cover the die.


Once I had cut the book I stamped here and there with some of Eileen's Maker Forte stamps and Tim Holtz favourites.

I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink which I also blended around the edges.


The concertina fold out is cut from a piece of cream A4 cardstock measuring 11⅝" (the full length of A4)  by 2⅞" and scored at 2¼" which leaves a little flap at the end perfect for adhering to the book.


The pages were then decorated with some light overstamping in the same way as the cover and some more definitive stamps, again most from Eileen's Maker Forte set. I tried to keep it all as flat as possible so that it would fold, but did manage a little pocket for some stamped tickets in the middle of one side!


I then glued the flap to the book capturing the ribbon and covered the cardstock with a small strip of leftover paper again stamped here and there so it matched the rest.


A cute little book which would could be used for a few family photographs or just playing with the leftovers on your desk!

Thank you for joining me today and happy crafting.

Jennie x

Die used:




Comments