Compendium of Curiosities II with a little bit of ribbon and lace ..........


It is so good to be back doing the Compendium of Curiosities challenge again with Linda Ledbetter over at STUDIO 3.  The celebration of all things Tim Holtz.  I only joined in towards the end of the last challenge but really enjoyed taking one technique at a time from  Volume 1 and getting to grips with it.  So with Volume 2 now published here I am at the start of this challenge.

Linda took us to page 66 for this first challenge - custom foam stamps.  There are rules to this challenge and I can't explain the technique only direct you to the page in the book.  But I can say I didn't think I would manage this as my foam was very thin, but Kling On cuts very nicely in the Vagabond, so all was not lost and I found it made a very good stamp.  You can get details about the book on Tim's block HERE

I am also entering this into the ARTISTIC STAMPER CREATIVE BLOG monthly challenge which is Lace and Ribbons - my favourite embellishments!  The Design Team have created some lovely projects, so worth checking out.

The card is for my friend who celebrated her 60th birthday two days ago, but is currently on a beach holiday in the Mediterannean - no surprise birthday party for her!  So this will be ready for her return in a few days.  She loves the colour green, which I don't particularly, so it is always a challenge to make a card.  I got some lovely ideas from Paulien's card tutorial this week at Swirlydoos for the flower and general layout.

Enjoy the weekend and I hope the weather starts to improve soon ........

Comments

Kirstin said…
This is very lovely!! What a great start to CC2C and your friend will treasure this!
...a loVely card Jennie...your friend will be thrilled when she gets back...Mel :)
Patricia said…
Hallo Jennie...I came upon your blog via Studio L3 and am pleasantly surprised...had a quick stroll through your gorgeous work and will come back for a more leisurely visit tomorrow! Patricia from South Africa...
Netty said…
Loving the shades of green Jennie. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x
Hettie said…
Beautiful card Jennie. I will be joining in tomorrow as I too wish to make a card for a friend and I know just the die I want to use! Hope it turns out as nice as yours.x
Linda Ledbetter said…
Oh, my goodness, Jennie, this is SO elegant! What a gorgeous card for your friend's birthday, and a stunning way to kick off CC2C! I'm delighted that you're joining the fun!
Sue said…
Beautiful card, Jennie! So soft. I'm sure your friend is going to love it.
Sue said…
This is lovely Jennie. Sounds like a fun challenge too. I'm very excited about CCII. Must get my hands on a copy!!
Miriam said…
Gorgeous Jennie. Lovely colours.
Anonymous said…
Beautiful! Your friend will love it.
Elaine said…
Love the subtle colours of this card. Great photo at the top of your blog too!!
Julia S-W said…
Hi I was just blog snooping and came across yours via the Artistic Stamper. I love your card and your work - it's fab. I am now your newest follower and I'll be back very soon I'm sure. Lovely to have found you.
Julia
Alison said…
It's stunning Jennie! xx
Artyjen said…
Thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper this month with such a pretty card. I'm sure your friend will be thrilled ;)
xoxo Sioux
SophieNewton said…
I love the colours, beautiful
Sophie x
penny4thoughts said…
Your stamp turned out beautifully, Jennie and I love it embellished with the ribbon and lace! I'm jealous that you've got to see my article first - it's about time that something gets to Shetland first, don't you think?
Take care!
Penny
Ann said…
What an absolutely stunning card, it's so pretty & I'm sure your friend will be delighted with it too!!
Ann xx
Maria said…
Jennie, this is just lovely! Wonderful card and I love the green hues ...