Do make sure you hop on over to the blog to see what my other teamies have created.
For a while I have wanted to see how well napkins would adhere to canvas, so I decided to use this opportunity to experiment.
There are no step by steps as it was totally experimental and I had no idea if it would work.
The canvas is quite thick which allowed me to use a good coating of Dina Wakley's Gel Medium applying it both to the reverse of the napkin layer and the canvas.
I spent quite a bit of time smoothing everything out from the centre to the sides with small soft paintbrush and then left it to dry overnight.
All was well the next morning and the tissue had adhered well to the canvas. I added some texture paste over these layers before sewing the tag onto some kraft card. Despite cutting both the canvas and the cardstock using the same die the canvas had not cut so well and therefore it took a bit to line it all up, so more of the kraft cardstock is showing than I intended. A bit of extra zig zag stitching helps!
I didn't want to cover up the napkin so layered some of my usual embellishments at the lower end of the tag.
I love how the texture of the canvas shows through the napkin .....
... and by tearing the edges of the napkin even the darker parts seem to merge well into the canvas.
A worthwhile experiment and you might see more canvas and napkins in the future.
As always thank you for joining me.
Have a lovely weekend.