I say indulgent because I just had SOOOO much fun making these wonderful little houses using Eileen Hull's House Ornament Die (as well as a few embellishments from some of her Thinlits dies). It brought back so many wonderful memories of making decorations like this as a child.
So I give you .....
...... three little Christmas houses, three great techniques!
All of which fit perfectly into our new challenge at A Vintage Journey which is
A Holly Jolly Christmas
Basically anything goes as long as it says Christmas and is in our preferred
styles of vintage, shabby, mixed media, journaling, timeworn or steampunk.
Check out some great Christmas inspiration from my fellow Creative Guides and
all the details of the challenge for this month by clicking
the link HERE.
House Number 1
Simply covered with some gorgeous Christmas paper
For all the houses I cut windows from Eileen's House/Pocket Stitchlits die. They don't quite match the window but actually look like proper vintage astragals from a distance!
The roof is made from a piece of greyboard which I ran through a wood embossing folder and then inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
I love clusters of flowers and berries at this time of the year and you might just be able to see underneath a couple of flowers cut from Eileen's Journalling Cards (Flowers and Leaves) Thinlits.
House No. 2
The technique used for this house was crackle paste added through a brick stencil and when it had dried I spritzed it with Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold Spray.
The roof for this house was cut from corrugated packaging which had white acrylic paint dry brushed onto it.
A similar cluster around the window but you might just make out underneath I have used the leaf spray from Eileen's Floral Arch & Words.
House No. 3
You can see the full technique HERE.
For this house I placed my cluster on top of the roof ..... just for something different .... well not really! I didn't want to hide any of the gorgeous cracked paint! Again I have used leaves from Eileen's Journalling Cards Thinlits dies cut from text paper. I also dyed the ribbon with the PaperArtsy Infusions to keep everything consistent.
I think these three little houses are going to look great on our Victorian mantlepiece amongst the ivy and lights. I wished I hadn't stuck down the bottom as I think they would also look fabulous with a little light inside ..... that means I need to make another one!
Thank you so much for joining me and I hope this gives you some ideas of how to use some of Eileen's fabulous dies.
Have a great weekend!