I was thrilled to be asked to be part of the new PaperArtsy stamp release this season supporting Scrapcosy (aka Raquel). These gorgeous stamps will be available soon, so here's just a sneeky peek but join us over at PaperArtsy tonight to see more!
I'll be back on the 22nd January with a full detailed post of how I used these fabulous stamps.
Hello and welcome to the first Friday of the month and the start of a new challenge at A Vintage Journey. The fabulous Deb is our host this month and she is asking us to:
PUT YOUR STAMP ON IT
We want to see some stamps on your creations, a minimum of one stamp but the more the merrier! Stamp your backgrounds, fussy cut or die cut some stamped images, add some stamped sentiments; whatever you like as long as it is in one of our preferred vintage, shabby, mixed media, art journalling, industrial or steam pun styles.
I decided to make a set of ATCs from a stamped masterboard along with some small stamped labels and butterflies. I ended up making two ATCs - each uses the same elements but in a different format.
I started off with a piece of cardstock which I had pulled from the Gelli Plate some time ago. I will have used PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints but no idea what colours!
There wasn't much in the way of added texture other than some flourishes which hadn't really come out. So there was plenty of room to add as much stamping as I wished!
I have used a selection of PaperArtsy stamps - some of them were quite big ones, but I just dabbed them here and there. I have also used brown and black ink and then over stamped some Distress Paint Circles using the top of the bottle.
I then cut my ATCs from this masterboard and decorated them with various embellishments including some PaperArtsy labels and a butterfly. The butterfly was stamped on some of the remaining painted cardstock.
Small labels such as these will ALWAYS be my go to stamping so I have put my own "stamp" on it as well as using my stamps!
Do hop on over to A Vintage Journey to see what my fellow Creative Guides have created - you will not be disappointed! We all love stamping but all use our stamps in so many different ways.
As always thank you for joining me and I hope you have a fabulous weekend.
May I wish you all a peaceful, healthy and crafty 2019.
And what better way to kick off the New Year than to share my inspiration for the Mini Album Makers Challenge with a jottings book for 2019 - all those little things the grandchildren say, quotes found, tips and tricks ....... I always mean to make one every year!
As always we are starting of the new year and a new month with a new challenge at Mini Album Makers. Do hop on over as my teamies have some amazing inspirational books to share with you all.
Here are a few close up details of my year book before I share the story of how it came about ....
And so to the story: Back in September last year Shetland Scrapbookers had a Layout and Colour Challenge.
I decided to use the layout to make a 6" x 6" cover for a book rather than a 12 x 12 layout (using some much loved Graphic 45 papers) but when I came to make the book I was a bit stumped as to what to do with it.
The embellishments and layers of paper were too close to the edges of the board to use the Bind It All and I was struggling to get the covers to fit with the idea of Coptic Stitched Signatures. And then ...... bingo ...... I suddenly realised that Eileen Hull had the answer.
I love how her little Passport Die has a separate spine with holes to attach the signatures. The Passport Die was too small to use on these covers, but I used the same idea and made a binder of my own.
You can see that it works well, but ..... the board cracked as I had to fold it myself rather than have a neatly marked fold line courtesy of the die.
Undeterred I carried on and got my signatures sewn into the binder.
My signatures were made from these large sheets of Acrylic Papers with a linen finish (my husband is a fabulous pencil artist and bought these papers by mistake). The individual pages are huge and I was able to cut three folded pieces from one sheet. And they will be lovely to write on too.
I stuck my covers onto the spine with a good wide sticky tape but still didn't know what to do about those horrible cracks.
Then husband to the rescue again !!! with this lovely malleable fabric like paper (he bought it for covering the base of wooden articles but it was too slippery). It is really difficult to describe it but it cuts without fraying or leaving a white edge and folds around the spine beautifully. I wish I could buy some more!
It wasn't quite the right colour but I can live with that!
I punched some holes in the board covers to make an elastic closure ...... book finished all ready for writing in.
I am very pleased that I kept going with this project as it has turned out really well and for once I have a book ready made for the year's jottings and findings.
As always thank you all for joining me and I hope you are all enjoying the