Memories of ................


Where did the last four weeks go ??  This year seems to be wizzing past, although spring weather has not appeared yet - today is cold, windy and occasional snow and hail showers.  I have been busy making some lovely projects, but sadly I can't share them with you as (such excitement!!!) they are DT works for publication, so watch this space for sneak peaks during May and then again in July. 

But I thought I would share this layout we did at Shetland Scrapbookers a couple of weeks ago.  Well done Julie for coming up with such a great fun time - cutting and painting corrugated card - we were all like children again!  Most members celebrated their husband's sheds, but I had so many memories of beachut holidays as a child and teenager, I thought it would be quite appropriate to make a beach scene. 

I am loving these old b/w photos in my Mum and Dad's collection - nothing majorly close up, occasionally blurry and of days when I was thin(ish).  So different from the digital ones of today.

Have a good weekend everyone and thanks for visiting.

Comments

Inkypinkycraft said…
Wow well done onthe pieces for publication, how exciting! Hugs trace x
May said…
O my word, A Fabulous layout I love the beach-hut and all the textures to the elements, Just Gorgeous.... Hugs May x x x
Debbie said…
Beautiful LO Jennie. The little hut and the photo are just lovely.
I am working on a page tonight, had a load of photo's printed so going through them to see which to choose first.
Debbiexx
...this is loVely work Jennie...beautiful atmospheric colours and tactile elements...look forward to seeing your published work...Mel :)
Hettie said…
This is a gorgeous layout Jennie. The idea is fantastic and love how you have interpreted it!
WOW! I love everything about this mini-album page! The soft beach colors, the smart ideas and the overall design! bravo Jennie!
Karen Shady said…
Wow jenni this is amazing. Love that hit
Karen Shady said…
Such a stunning lo jenni. Love that little hut.
Julia S-W said…
I have always loved beaches, huts, in fact anything at all to do with the sea.
I love how you have captured the 'seaside' colours of chalky tones in this piece. The stamping in the background is subtle and yet such an important part of the 'whole'. I really do love your work Jenni - I know it sounds trite but it is inspirational.
Juliaxx