Autumn in Switzerland



I am a bit late for the Anything But a Card Challenge this week - just scraping in with a few hours to spare!

The theme is Fall Colours which fits perfectly with this photograph of the three of us on Monte Generoso last Sunday.  We took the train almost to the top (1704m), climbed the final little bit and then spent the rest of the day walking down the mountain and exploring some off the beaten track pathways through the forest.  Coming from Shetland where we have no trees to speak off it was bliss! And with temperatures of 22 degrees just perfect.



I have had these Basic Grey Indian Summer papers for ages and didn't really know what to do with them as they are so bright. 

If you are wondering how I did the leaves I shared a little tutorial on these during Tim's Tags last year.  I didn't have any glassine paper and I wanted to get a similar look.  So after a bit of experimenting I came up with this idea.



I splotched some green Distress Inks on my craft mat and spritzed them with water and then passed some reasonably heavy card through the colours and whilst wet scrunched it up.  I opened it up to dry and once fully dry I rubbed some darker green Distress Ink over the top before cutting out the leaves with the Tattered Leaves Die.  It helps if you just work with a small piece big enough to cut a single leaf as scrunching thick card is a little difficult. You get a lovely textured leaf which can be any combination of greens you like - I used Crushed Olive and Forest Moss for my layout.

Have a lovely weekend and thanks for stopping by.



Comments

Elizabeth said…
I like the way you have used brightly coloured papers here in this lovely layout - great photograph too. The embellishments are perfect and thanks for sharing your technique for the leaves. Great tag too. Elizabeth
MJ's Kraze said…
This is stunning. I love all the layers and colors. You did a superb job. Thanks for joining us over at ABAC.
Bonnie said…
I enjoyed reading about your climb<always interesting to hear about other parts of the world. The page is beautiful,as well as the tag!
Astrid Maclean said…
Gorgeous creations both of them! Love how you have done the leaves and the tag is stunning!
Christy said…
Really such a beautiful layout! I love the butterflies. :)
Julia S-W said…
Wow Jennie, whenever I see an entry from you, I know it's going to be wonderful and this layout is yet another stunner! I'm glad you had a wonderful time and that you've recorded it on this exceptional layout. I love the colours, the flowers and the leaves. Guess who will be having a go at that tomorrow?!! I think the butterfly at the top with the knotted ribbon and strip of bright colour is the perfect final touch.
I'm so glad you were able to join us at Anything But A Card.
Julia (I've stopped gushing now!!).
xx
I am so glad you did get here Jennie as your layout is beautiful.I too love all the little ribbony and textural inclusions you have which tell such a great story on your layout. Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card challenge.
Christy said…
The layout is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the flowers and the tear at the top. PERFECT touches! The tag is so great and I love that you shared how you did it. That makes a blog so much more fun to follow. :) Thanks for joining us at Anything but a Card :) :)