Oriental folding ...........



The current challenge at Artful Times is Oriental given the Chinese New Year.  I thought I would have to give this one a miss as a trawl through my stamps did not reveal much in the way of oriental.  I was most disappointed as I didn't manage to get my Time ATC finished in time for the last challenge.


But during my search I came across this small triangular book which has been sitting in the bottom of my "to finish" box for absolutely ages. 



It was made ages ago on two very wet days during the visit of a family member - the craft room is always a great place to entertain visitors!  We had a go at just about everything as she was new to it all - tea bag folding, iris folding, kimono origami, embossing, collage. 


All I needed to do was to stick some of it together and finish it off.  So here it is ........... thanks Von and Neet!


Do pop over to the Artful Times blog HERE as there are some great projects.

Thanks for visiting.

PS It is amazing how one moves on with new techniques and products - I have very few of these embellishments in my boxes these days!

Comments

Von said…
What a fabulous little book Jenny :) and as you say it shows off many techniques
Thank you for sharing it with us at Artful Times
Von ♥
Sylvia said…
A wonderful little book, love all the embellishments. I love it when a challenge gives us the chance to finish off unfinished work we have forgotten about!

Sylv xx
What a lovely project! The triangular structure opening out is so pretty - and I love all your Oriental trimmings and script!
Alison x
ionabunny said…
What a lovely project. Love the colours and the embellies
Sandra's Spot said…
Gorgeous little book I love the embellies you have made and wonderful colours. Hugs Sandra X
Neet said…
Sorry I am so late blame it on the jet lag please.
I am so sorry i did not see this earlier, what a delightful project you have there. Bet you are glad you found it and finished off the decorating, which is just so lovely.
Perhaps you could treat us to a tutorial on how to make the box - I love things like this.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times,
Hugs, Neet xx