Dreaming of another holiday ......


I don't know about you but, for me,  writing Christmas Cards to friends and family brings back all those lovely memories of the last year.  So when I had to design a layout for Shetland Scrabookers November meeting and make an "Anything Goes" DT piece for Anything But a Card this month, my mind went to another holiday - one spent with my fabulous friends.  



The brief for Shetland Scrapbookers was to make an embellishment and also to combine some collage in the layout.  I made this little pocket out of a Sissix envelope die, cutting two envelopes and joining them together so the envelope flaps met in the middle. I then decorated it with the usual suspects (lace, ribbon and pearls) and cut a photograph to size to fit into the top.




This could be quite a useful embellishment for cards as well as layouts and could house photographs, bookmarks, in fact all manners of things!



As we only have three hours for our session I kept the layout quite simple, using some embossed squares to add a bit of texture to the cream card and a large flourish in each corner.  I made two little collages from pieces of stamped and die cut paper.



A bit of hessian string and a couple of butterflies finished the top right hand corner.

So if feel you have memories to share, or have a piece created for the holiday season to come, please share it with us at Anything But a Card this month as we would love to see what you have been creating.

This is a scheduled post as I shall be visiting the grandchildren this weekend for the delivery of Christmas and birthday presents and some Christmas excitement.  However, with the current high winds whether the ferry runs on Friday is another matter! Stugeron packed!

I hope you are having a great weekend x




Comments

Rita said…
My goodness Jennie, this is really stunning and the colours compliment the photograph too. Hugs Rita xxx
Sue said…
A lovely, clean, crisp page layout Jennie. Very pretty.
What a lovely layout - fresh, bright and so beautifully composed. Hope you're having a wonderful time with your family, unhampered by ferry troubles!
Alison xx
Debbie said…
Gorgeous layout Jennie, beautiful colours and a lovely blog post about friends and your holidays. DebbieX
Brenda Brown said…
A beautiful layout Jennie, love the little pocket and texture in the background. Wishing you a lovely time with the grandchildren.
hugs {brenda} x0x
Margaret said…
Gorgeous layout, Jennie! I love the blue accent color and the pretty embellishments!
I agree that your embellishment offers so many possibilities Jennie.
The shade of blue you have chosen is wonderful.I hope you get to enjoy your visit to your grandchildren.