Frilly and Funkie Flowers!

I am thrilled that today I am Guest Designing at Frilly and Funkie for the new challenge which is ..........


Bloomin Marvellous!
flowers and lots of them
all handmade

The invitation came as a result of being the Design Team favourite for the challenge Warmth of Winter and I am very excited to be making a piece for one of my favourite and inspirational places, which I visit often for their wonderful tutorials.  


And here it is:



For someone obsessed with making flowers, this is a wonderful theme for me. I decided to showcase my favourite shabby roses on this layered tag, using these gorgeous Maja Design papers.



The shabby roses (and the one in the centre with the stamens) are made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. Click the link HERE for the tutorial for the shabby roses.



The smaller flowers were made with the Donna Salazar Itty Bitty Flower Die - again another of my favourites. 



And also fast becoming a favourite is the Spring Greenery die - perfect leaves for handmade flowers. I cut these from Maja Design paper and splattered them with a bit of watery Vintage Photo.



Finally, I mounted the layered tag on a piece of mountboard which I had covered with Picket Fence Distress Crackle and added wire to make a hanging. 

(A little tip which you might already know! - it was the last in the bottle so I scraped it out with a spatula and decided to continue working with the spatular rather than the brush and it gives a far better even coverage.)


My thanks again to the Design Team of Frilly and Funkie for this fabulous opportunity and I hope you will visit and enjoy the wonderful inspiring tutorials and projects and of course join in the challenge yourself.


Have a lovely day x






Comments

Rita said…
Congratulations Jennie. Your floral creation is absolutely beautiful. The colour of the roses make so life like. Hope you are all safe up there in Shetland. Hugs Rita xxx
Astrid Maclean said…
Stunning Jennie, and this is indeed the perfect challenge for your guest DT spot! Your flowers are always a triumph, I just love your shabby roses, the smaller itty bitty ones are beautiful too. The crackle in the background looks fantastic! And congrats on guesting for F & F of course!
Hi Jennie ,
I do love your flowers -this is why I ended up finding your blog-and this tag is so pretty.
I will certainly visit the site .
Thanks for showing this -I will have a go at something similar using the stash I have,
Have a good day,
XxRuth
Anneke said…
This is just soooooooo pretty. Love the look of it. Thanks for showing Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com
Redanne said…
Gosh Jennie, could there be a better challenge for you to be Guest Designer?! Your hanging is exquisite, I love your tattered floral roses and the crackled background is beautiful - thanks for that great tip too. Anne xx
Laurart said…
Congrats Jennie on being GD! I adore this - I am another flower fan and I think your roses are amazing! This is so beautiful! Thank you for the tip about the spatula! xxxxx
Jaw-droppingly beautiful, Jennie - just glorious... the shabby layers of the tags and papers, the wonderful crackle on the mountboard (you'll smile on Saturday over at mine!), and that wonderful curled netting... and I think you may have outdone yourself on the flowers - they're out this world wonderful!
Alison xx
Maryanne said…
This is a beautiful wallhanging! Your flowers are always so lovely!! I love the layered tag and thanks for the tip on the crackle paint and a palette knife.
Paper Profusion said…
Absolutely beautiful Jennie. Nicola x
Jane said…
Hi Jennie I saw these earlier in the week and did not have time to leave a comment. I just wanted to say that your flowers are amazing. This has inspired me to have a go at some point.... Your tag is beautiful x
Nancy Dynes said…
Jennie, your project is beyond beautiful! The flowers are stunning and you have added so many gorgeous details!! I am so inspired!!
Hugs,
Nancy
Brenda Brown said…
Stunning as always Jennie, the whole design is 'bloomin' marvellous. Sorry for the pun. Love every bit of your hanging, the gorgeous flowers and beautiful colours. Xx