A Journey into Texture


Time for another challenge at A Vintage Journey (how quickly the weeks go by!). It is the turn of our very creative Jenny of Pushing the Right Buttons and she has challenged us to:

Get Some Texture

Tim has shown us so many techniques for getting texture 
into our projects over the years. 

Use one (or more) of these on your piece - just 
remember to tell us which one's you have chosen!




Here are some pictures and details for you!


There are loads of wonderful products and techniques out there for creating texture and I decided to take a kraft board hanging and cover it with left over die cuts and small pieces of netting and scrim. 

Once these were stuck down I used Grunge Paste and the Harlequin Stencil to create more texture over the top. 





A layer of gesso came next to unify it all and then I blended Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks here and there - just a little at a time and I kept watering it down to keep it light.

Finally I added some torn pieces of Tissue Wrap.








I decided to keep all my embellishments white and used a pallete knife to layer Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint on a Spring Greenery die cut. (This was before it dried!)



The flowers were made using white card stock and the Tattered Florals die in my usual scrunched way and I added those wonderful stamens for the centres.




Finally I stamped a sentiment using various words from the Simple Sayings Set.



And so there you have it a Journey into Texture!


I do hope you will join us for this challenge and remember to hop over to A Vintage Journey to see some fabulous makes by the rest of the DT. Don't forget to make sure you read the Travelling Instructions before linking your project and tell us what Tim inspired techniques and products you have used in your blog post.

Have fun and thank you for visiting today.

Jennie x



Comments

Julia Aston said…
I love seeing all this texture on light and airy colors Jennie! the white and watered pinks are beautiful! Wonderful crackle and layers - and your flowers are lovely!
Tfs this awesome tag! Love it! StaCJ.
Tfs this awesome tag! Love it! StaCJ.
Rita said…
Beautiful tag Jennie. Love the textured leaves and of course your fabulous flowers. Enjoy your weekend with Finnabair. Hugs Rita xxx
Patricia said…
Good morning Jennie,
What a fantastic "tag. just LOVE everything about it especially those stunning flowers. I have to get my hands of some of those "stamens" ........
Have a great day

Patricia xx
Astrid Maclean said…
Oh love this Jennie!! Brilliant textured background and I love all the crackling on the embellishments. Wonderful soft colours too, and those flowers of course look amazing! I think the idea of putting the sentiment together out of words from the simple saying set is so clever as well!! Hope you will have the most amazing weekend!!!
Marlene Bonetti said…
Really wonderful! Love all the little details ♥
Jenny Marples said…
A beautiful tag Jennie, as ever. I really love those Distress Crackle Paint leaves, a real Tim Holtz favourite for adding texture. Jenny x
Unknown said…
A perfect example of texturing elegantly and delicately. Fabulous textures and a deliciously pastel make. GORGEOUS! Chris xxx
Redanne said…
Well, it is a wow from me Jennie! So much beautiful texture and I love how you left the embellishments white, they look so effective on the gorgeous background you created. Your flowers, as ever, are stunning! Hugs, Anne xx
Debbie said…
Stunning work Jennie. Just love the White. debbiex
rachel said…
this is absolutely beautiful jennie. gorgeous colouts and use of texture. brilliant x
Marci said…
Beautiful! Yummy color, texture, and those flowers! Love it all. Love those stamens, too.
Stunningly beautiful as always. Love how you did the background layering. The stamens you used in the flowers are fabulous! Cheers, Di
Glorious layers of texture in that background, with such subtle tinting to make it pop, and the crackly leaves and heart are wonderful! Another absolute beauty, Jennie!
Alison xx
Unknown said…
Another amazing piece of work Jennie, I am just in awe of your work!
Dawn x
Nancy Dynes said…
Your projects and techniques are absolutely lovely, Jennie!! And of course your flowers are total perfection. You always inspire me to pull out my supplies and get crafting!
Hugs,
Nancy
Sue said…
A very pretty tag Jennie and the way you have built up the layers is wonderful. Full of texture and interest, yet still soft and feminine.
Love this tag Jennie, thanks for showing us all the stages
XxRuth
Nikki Acton said…
As usual I adore the soft nature of your colours - simply wonderful. The textures are fantastic and the flowers .. well, you are the master! Nikki xx
Almo said…
Gorgeous, gorgeous hanging Jennie, I can't believe how delicate you have got the seedless preserve with the gesso, love all the background texture and I adore those flowers, just beaautiful. Mo x
barbarayaya62 said…
Stunning tag ,I kike so much this technique! Really wonderful work!!! BArbarayaya
barbarayaya62 said…
Stunning tag ,I kike so much this technique! Really wonderful work!!! BArbarayaya
Becky said…
Love love the tag your flowers are stunning.
Becky x
Annie said…
wow Jennie :-) this is such a fabulous tag. the texture is amazing and I adore the paste on the leaves. your flowers are stunning- with those beautiful stamens. you must share how you made them x
Hope you had a wonderful time at Finnabair. I loved Anya's classes but found i was very tired taking in all those wonderful techniques.

crafty hugs
annie x
S@ndy Diller said…
I love seeing the all white texture to this lovely color on the tag. Beautiful!!
Brenda Brown said…
Fabulous textures and a gorgeous tag Jennie, love it xxx
Margaret said…
Beautiful and the texture is fabulous on this! LOVE those gorgeous flowers too!
tocovya said…
How pretty, pastel and delicate is this? Very jealous, everything I create manages to come out dark! x
Terry said…
Such a pretty textured tag, Jennie! The flowers with the crackled heart and textured foliage is just stunning! Have a lovely weekend.